What's happening at the Beeb?

reet hard

Senior Jockey
No Norman Smith, no Laura Kounsberg, and now Andrew Marr is seemingly gone, too.
Were they too costly, or has Gigolo finally cast his curse?

Smith retired last week

And if they've finally removed Kuensberg (which i very much doubt) that would be a victory for journalism and news reporting

Mind you, Boris Johnson is advertising for a spokesperson to do the sort of job that someone does for American Presidents. Perhaps Kuensberg might apply for it and get paid for doing what she actually does anyway, in an unexpected show of honesty

Thanks, Warbler.
Your wish may have been granted viz Laura Kuensberg, as I reckon they had someone new in her post this last week.

I believe that Kuenssberg is the Political Editor.

Chief Political Correspondent is listed as Vicki Young (appointed 2014) and Gary O'Donoghue (Washington).

Smith was the Deputy Editor. This position is currently shown as vacant.

Is it Vicki Young you're referring to Reet?

She has been the 'Chief Political Correspondent of BBC News' for some years; Kuenssberg is 'Political Editor of BBC News'

Which presumably means that the latter gets the best gigs and a thicker wedge

I prefer the pleasantly calm Young to the brash Kuenssberg but prefer Sky's Beth Rigby to both; infact I prefer Sky News' hacks all round

If you want thoroughly impartial news then CNN's daily dissing of Trump is splendid; and if you want decent coverage of under-the-radar world news then Al Jazeera is worth a gander

Edit: apologies Archie, crossed post

Last edited:
Thanks,Guys - all clear and accounted for; guess I was confused between 'chief political correspondent' and 'chief poliitical editor'. :confused:

Last edited:
Back