What's your big one ?

Btw, Danny, I did Mohaayed last year in The County. I'm sure he'll be there at the business end, so good luck. I think Solomon Grey could have loads in hand of the handicapper. They're both trained by the same trainer, so reading trainer comments on the day it should be interesting as to who they fancy more.

Yes mate Last year I thought he had a bit of a rough run, was on the outside all the way and was quite brutally sandwiched turning for home, stayed on well despite being fairly keen in the race. A few pounds higher this year but I think he's improved more than his bare form suggests. Obviously a competitive race but at 33's I think he's a cracker hence a large single and included in a shed load of multiples so he'll do for me.

Look now you've corrupted Marble ! I think Maruco was probably the instigator but I'll be damned if I'm going to single out a hobbit !

Can a newbie hand out Red Cards to rule breakers or am I likely to get my arse kicked :lol:

Calling me a hobbit is far worse than a red card Danny. How did you know I was a short-arse! :lol:

Erm location ? The shire ? Isn't that where all hobbits come from ?

I have the feeling something just went completely over my head :eek:

Last edited:
I agree with what Danny said on another thread about trainer Tom George - he looks to have many good chances all over priced. I have stuck all his runners in win doubles and e/way trebles, all double figure odds but if Summerville Boy wins the Supreme I can have a relaxing enjoyable festival. He easily beat Kalshnikov in the Tolworth yet was 3 times the price for the Supreme when I backed him.

I actually had a look for him in the top trainer market hoping I could get a fiver at 1000/1 but he's not in the betting haha.

My MO for recent festivals has consisted of AP bets in graded races to take out reasonable amounts but with nothing to make or break my festival and look for longer prices in the handicaps on the day. Some laziness here as I can’t be arsed to look at 40 or more possible runners

This approach has served me well for the last 10 years or so and I’m not for changing it this year

Saint Calvados would be the one to set me up nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarlet Dragon in the Supreme would be a very welcome and very gainful opening to the festival.

Not your fancy accumulators, not even what you think is the biggest banker of the meeting.

The one horse you need most to get the job done who will make you the most money. Whether it be you've had fancy exchange prices for small stakes or a great big lump on a short priced good thing or whether it's the one that seems to be in every bet you've made. If you can have just one result at the whole festival what would it be? I'm talking the one you get the prayer mat out for!

Mine will no doubt be Mohaayed winning the County Hurdle.

What's yours ?
You are sick Danny:). In ten years of internet forums I don't think I've seen anything like this. I just couldn't bring myself to back him, even though I backed him in the exact same race last year on my first ever visit to Cheltenham. (Forum member Tiny Clanger may remember). The same stable have Solomon Grey of course who I really fancied but was taken out of today. I won't forget him this day next year! Well done Danny an absolutely great result for you by the sounds of it.:)

Last edited:
Epic Danny. Absolutely epic shout. I had her in an Irish Roe double for the betfair but went in again on her for this today.

Thanks a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers lads I was with Skelton that the ground had gone against him and thought I was a bit naffed in truth.

Epic result for me normally when I need a big one it goes close but not quite its good to finally hit the Bullseye and glad a few followed me in.

Thanks for the kind words lads.

Top job Danny , that's a respectable punt.

Lol can verify Martin , and me were 9n it last year.

Well done SC too on Sumerville !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not your fancy accumulators, not even what you think is the biggest banker of the meeting.

The one horse you need most to get the job done who will make you the most money. Whether it be you've had fancy exchange prices for small stakes or a great big lump on a short priced good thing or whether it's the one that seems to be in every bet you've made. If you can have just one result at the whole festival what would it be? I'm talking the one you get the prayer mat out for!

What's yours ?

Wow Danny well done mate that was one ballsy selection and WD Chef too

Last edited:

What's yours ?

:adore:

Back