Where Are They Now?

N

numbersix

While watching today's sport at Kelso I suddenly recalled watching Jodami start off on his path to chasing glory. Which led me to wonder what has happened to the husband and wife team who rode him before Mark Dwyer got the gig - ie. Anthea and Paddy Farrell?

Anyone know what they are doing these days?

Also, while I am at it, what has happened to Paul Flynn, ex-Phillip Hobbs No.2 pilot, and finally, Michael Robinson of Slalom fame?

Cheers in advance.

Is that Anthea Morshead? Does that mean her and Paddy are no longer an item? How sad! Is she Peter Beaumont's daughter?

The last i knew about Paddy Farrell was that when i was riding in Jersey in the 1999 and 2000 season he was also riding and based out there but not sure of his whereabouts now.

Paul Flynn is training in Ireland now and had a winner at Ayr a couple of months back (Prince Linamix).

Anthea is indeed Peter Beaumont's daughter (JJ Henry and Jodami would be the best she rode as an amateur) and is married to former jockey Sam.

:D :laughing: shut up Trude !!!!

Must haqve been the season before then - but he definaTely rode for us.... he and MArcus Folrey came to saddle it up cos I was on my own!

Afraid I don't watch that particular soap - Eastenders and Corrie for me.

Seriously though, any ideas? His best horse was probably Slalom who ran as a novice in the 1989 Gold Cup, and was a firm favourite of mine from the time I saw him with the Reynoldstown at Wolverhampton!

Originally posted by Arkwright@May 7 2008, 10:50 AM
According to the RP it was Ashgan at Huntingdon in 2005.
good god - was it really that long ago??!!!! bloody hell !!!!!!!!

edited to add two more things...

who is Michael Robinson in neighbours Martin?? I remember a mIke, but he wasnt a robinson....

and

Fudge - If you were riding in Jersey in 99/2000,do you know Gordon Shenkin??

He's Elle's dad, with the one leg who was nasty but then became nice and blew the plane up killing Harold Bishops crew.

I first knew paddy about 7 years ago, he wasn't married then so they must of split up long before that. Last time I saw him was 2005 he was working for Reg Bond as his box driver, not sure if he still is i'l have to ask around

I know Michael Robinson was married to Caroline Beasley, who was the first woman to win over th National fences and the moved to Ireland in the early 90's but I don't know what happened then.

Originally posted by Irish Stamp@May 8 2008, 11:06 AM
He's Elle's dad, with the one leg who was nasty but then became nice and blew the plane up killing Harold Bishops crew.
LE is right,thats Paul.

and wasnt it something to do with Robert hte evil twin???

Back