Where do we go from here...

moehat

Senior Jockey
Our racing club has closed down. We had three social meetings a year to which trainers,jockeys and racing pundits came. We really looked forward to these events and are at a loss as to what to do now. The Cheltenham Club is still going, but it's a long way for us to travel and we would have to stay overnight. If we became members at our local track [Uttoxeter] what would that provide us with? Or should we join something like Elite?? I've no idea where the nearest Cheltenham preview night is likely to be [we live in Derby]. It's great being able to log onto forums etc but we still want to sometimes chat about racing to like minded people and very few people seem interested in racing these days. Can't afford a share in a horse or anything like that. No idea what to do and feel a bit devastated by it.

Probably too far for you to travel but there is a monthly meeting in Leeds (Pudsey Liberal Club), first Tuesday of every month. They have jockeys, trainers etc visit each month and arrange some trips to York and have a Cheltenham Preview every year. My membership has just expired. What would it take you from Derby? 1hr30mins? Probably too far on a Tuesday but an option anyway. If you google Yorkshire Racing Club there are details there.

Thanks mowgli. I have been told of the Wales Racing Club as well..no actual meetings but they do have racing meet ups. We're actually going to Middleham for a few days in June, taking in a trip to Ripon. The Cheltenham preview at Leeds sounds interesting; that is the thing I was most going to miss. I'll google it. Thanks again.

Back