Which 5 JUMPS horses ,dead or alive would you want to own?

Fabulous roll of honour continuing - never mind own THE DIKLER, I'd have loved to have ridden him! He looked the kindest sort to get you round in one piece.

Yes indeed Kri ...such a genuine horse loved him the first time i saw him :D

Not after putting two flat horses in.

:eek: Ha ha, better read the post better next time hadn't I? Oh good, so I could have 5 flat horses on another thread, well that is okay then. Nice to see we do not have to chose between them. Mind you I would have loved to see Yeats over hurdles ....

So, instead of Persian Punch and Yeats I will add Don'tleavethenest and Voy Por Ustedes to my jumps list!

Sorry ..... :whistle:

Desert Orchid
Rooster Booster
One Man
Relkeel
The Dikler

A long time ago I met The Dikler and he really was imposing and such a gentle giant.

Can I be really cheeky and have two reserves?? I forgot all about Go Ballistic, completely adored him, and also Id like to have owned Valiramix too....

but then,if I start thinking too hard I could add many many more.....

Desert Orchid (clear choice...simply because he could run so frequently and with such charisma)
Kauto (probably the very best)
Wayward lad (a lovely horse)
Binocular (could now go on to be the most exciting hurlder weve seen)
Hardy Eustace (always underestimated. lovely hurdler)

off top of head a bit so could easily change

Fabulous roll of honour continuing - never mind own THE DIKLER, I'd have loved to have ridden him! He looked the kindest sort to get you round in one piece.

The Dikler was owned by friends of ours and he was a rare old character. The daughter tried to event him after he retired but he was a nightmare trying either to nap and rear or run off across country with her so he was retired fairly quickly from his second career!

That really surprises me, j/j - I'd have thought he'd have loved anything with obstacles. I'll amend the idea of him looking like a nice old ride, then!

Ah yes, I'll never forget MTOTO winning the Grand Steeplechase de l'Arc de Triomphe!

and dont forget Dancing Brave's scintillating performance in the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth handicap hurdle... :lol:

(apologies EC1 - I shouldnt take the piss really xx)

Last edited:
Oh yes, we should! :lol::lol: (Could be post-WC fatigue setting in - he might need to be rehydrated to get back to normal.)

Back