While the lynch mob gather round...

Marb

Journeyman
This story about a renowned presenter in Huw Edwards getting the lynch mob after him, when according to the Metropolitan Police, he hasn't even committed a crime and is in a psychiatric hospital, really is sad isn't it.

If anyone wants to pay me 35 grand for a picture of my arse please get in touch.

Last edited:
When it first broke I thought it could be him. Straight away I thought it was someone very high up and there’s something about him that never rang true and for me he always came across as smug and arrogant. I feel for his family and his wife ultimately.

I'm not 100% convinced about the mental health bit although I imagine the pressure of the last week must have been pretty unbearable. It's hard to imagine that when the situation started regarding this young person it was his first 'mistake'.

As Marb says, the police are saying no offence has been committed and the whole thing is very sad.

I'm just speculating, but it seems to me that the young person had no issues with what was happening and happy to take whatever very significant money was coming their way. It looks to me like the parents got wind of it and decided they wanted to make a lot of money out of it.

The Sun, being the Sun, well...

Nobody comes out of it with any dignity.

What's sad about this is that a newspaper, again, has basically ruined someone's life and their family's and there'll be no come back on them.

Absolutely :lol:

But no I’ve never liked him..thought he was smug and conceited. I don’t give a flying fig about his “mental health” issues...it’s a very convenient thing to hide behind to garner sympathy. At the end of the day he’s used his prominent position and power over some young, impressionable people. And is now putting his family through hell. We were all supposed to feel sorry for Philip Scholfield when he came out and look where that went! He’s abused his status too and now needs to pay for it. As someone said on my Facebook feed...”having to pay £35k for a w*nk...I’d feel depressed too!”

I don't think people are saying his actions were dictated by his illness, and even if his actions were criminal which they're not, of course mental illness wouldn't excuse it.

However, he has a pre existing condition of severe depression, and these allegations, have tipped that condition over the edge, to the point that he is now a patient in a psychiatric hospital.

Spot the difference there.

Last edited:
I don't think people are saying his actions were dictated by his illness, and even if his actions were criminal which they're not, of course mental illness wouldn't excuse it.

However, he has a pre existing condition of severe depression, and these allegations, have tipped that condition over the edge, to the point that he is now a patient in a psychiatric hospital.

Spot the difference there.

Do I detect a note of sympathy for him? None from me.

Sympathy for what Barj? Being ill in a psychiatric hospital? Absoloutely.

Especially given he hasn't committed a crime.

Last edited:
I know someone well who spent time in a psychiatric unit, simply from the pressure of being gay.
Figure it must be even more depressing for those in the public glare.

Back