Who's Happiest The Season Is Over?

If York had been on, he would have picked up a G1 place. Imo of course.

Last edited:
LOL! I've really enjoyed this flat season - weather apart - but then I'm a massive New Approach groupie
I've bet much more discerningly and sparely than I did last year and done pretty well I think

LOL! I've really enjoyed this flat season - weather apart - but then I'm a massive New Approach groupie.

That`s the thing though, this flat season only got going in October. Zarkava, New Approach and now Raven`s Pass. Three top, top class animals that only really showed their true colours once the season was almost over. I`m buzzing that a horse many of us thought was the real deal when he won the Solario should win the Breeders Cup Classic. But I`m frustrated that they wasted their time running him in races like the Sussex earlier in the season. Imagine a championship race on turf over 10f with those three in the line-up.

Euro, New Approach won the Derby!! And we had Henry with his two Guineas and DOM with his five G1s and Look Here and Marchand D'Or...... And Zarkava! I loved it all

I'm a candidate - thank feck it's done, always nice to see the back of the BC, the build up to it is ridiculous.

Probably the best flat season since the turn of the century .. Raven's Pass, Henry, Duke, New Approach, Goldikova, ZARKAVA, Breeders Cup. The juvenile division hasn't been great but otherwise a very memorabl flat season.

Do people judge how good a season it's been based on betting?!

Probably the best flat season since the turn of the century .. Raven's Pass, Henry, Duke, New Approach, Goldikova, ZARKAVA, Breeders Cup. The juvenile division hasn't been great but otherwise a very memorabl flat season.

Do people judge how good a season it's been based on betting?!

Everyone probably has different criteria. For me, the undoubted quality of the stars this year still doesn't balance the books. There's always next year.....:)

I thought it was an fine season and agree with Andrew. One of the more rewarding elements has been the contrasting make ups of the top stars. From the laid back Duke to the near barmy New approach. The seeming arrogance and brilliance of Zarkhava (i will give them a start...) to the sheer beauty and stunning looks of Ravens Pass

We shouldn never forget Yeats too.

it is a season boosted by some superb training performances too.

The day i judge a season purely by balance sheet is the day i need to stop following this great sport

The period from the end of Royal Ascot through to the QEII was pretty poor, mostly down to the awful weather. Either side of that was great.

Come on Grass

You know full well that i have never been an acne ridden billynomates that lives on betfair 18 hours a day trying to make enough of a margin to feed the meter in some smelly bedsit.

Back