WHY ?

icebreaker

At the Start
I have just received a message that I am not allowed to access or post to the "Putin's Victims" thread. I cannot think of any act or post of mine that this preventative measure might be based upon. :(

It follows that I cannot reply to you, Clive, or to Swedish Chef, which I wished to do out of common courtesy.

Why is Harry allowed to post what he did but Clive gets banned for something much, much worse?

All jokes aside, I have no interest in spending my time on a forum where people post things like he did last night (and less importantly, others are banned for something much less).

Here's how they are.

It's a rich tapestry and a hot kitchen. Everyone is measured by how much heat they can stand.

Leaving in a huff or asking for others to be banned, is for the birds. Other people's opinions might enrage for a bit, but they don't matter so much that it requires ejection - self-imposed or requested.

Otherwise I would obviously have given Clivex a very hard boot in the Jacksons a long time ago. :cool:

Here's how they are.

It's a rich tapestry and a hot kitchen. Everyone is measured by how much heat they can stand.

Leaving in a huff or asking for others to be banned, is for the birds. Other people's opinions might enrage for a bit, but they don't matter so much that it requires ejection - self-imposed or requested.

Otherwise I would obviously have given Clivex a very hard boot in the Jacksons a long time ago. :cool:

Spot on.

Here's how they are.

Spot on until someone laments the fact that Hitler didn't wipe out an entire people.

Spot on until someone laments the fact that Hitler didn't wipe out an entire people.

Even then.

We participate here to state our own views on a subject; and if we can convince an opposing mindset to change theirs through the simplicity and logic of our arguments, then everybody wins. If we fail to agree, then nobody actually loses. That's the point of debate in this particular forum (imo).

FWIW, I think making Holocaust denial a criminal offence, is basically an assualt on the right to free expression, and wholly undemocratic. The fact that deniers are self-evidently fu*ckwits of the highest order, strikes me as sufficient punishment.

Last edited:
Agreed. A much better way to level things up is to make every tom, dick and harry a moderator on a given forum, leaving the rotten eggs out to really show them up for the scum they are. :D

Last edited:
Power to the people.

Would I get a Badge? ;)

images

Back