Willie Mullins

Not heard that TS - hard to wonder why unless they've had a huge falling out over something trivial.

Only runners this season over jumps have been Indevan - 2 from 3 over fences and Totally Dominant - 2 from 2 in bumpers (was beaten at evs at Wexford on the flat last week though).

I see Shamar who ran for Ricci at Bellewstown last week is now registered in Jackie Mullins name.

Clearly, the Fly has been proven to be irreplaceable, despite several reasonable-looking impostors in the yard. I wish her well.

Willie complaining that his winter horses aren't looking their best as they come back. A slowish start to the winter campaign possibly?

Agreed. But it's unusual for him to make the point Granger. He was pretty busy early last season. More so than he's been in previous seasons. One or two needed a run, but I'm suggesting that he might be slower into gear and a few more might need the run this season.

Nicholls sounded a similar warning last season and his horses were awful before the turn of the year.

I'm sure Wille will be firing as usual by the time we get deep into November, but it's worth noting anyway.

He routinely said Hurricane Fly was near top-fitness on his seasonal bow, only for the horse to run about two-stone below his best. Faugheen was subject of similar reports before being beaten by his stablemate in the Morgiana (before going on to turn the form around by about...er...2-stone, in the ICH).

Make of that what you will, but I wouldn't give you tuppence for his fitness reports, tbh.

Willie complaining that his winter horses aren't looking their best as they come back. A slowish start to the winter campaign possibly?
Or has Rich Rich fraped Willies Twitter account to get a better price on something anti-post haha!

Last edited:
"Later this year...." suggests Vautour might not be ready for Haydock and a run at the Triple Crown.

Probably time to back him.

I sincerely hope so, PJ - I have been taking vastly more 7/2 than is healthy, throughout the summer.

I backed the 18/1 about the Triple Crown earlier, anyway......which means he'll probably re-appear in the Bobbyjo Chase, and run in the Stayers Hurdle.

Last edited:
In this game you can't follow the crowd and stay ahead long term.

The biggest betting knowledge I re-learned last year was that. Specifically it relates to your stance grassy after the KG last year. I like most of the rest took the stance he was goosed.

You got a great price and took a stance. It didn't work out in the end but the ideology was right.

Ricci will want a runner in the KG and am sure Ruby will do things a bit different.

I'd like to see him get the Kicking king route and take in what would be a hot john Durkan before christmas and that beautiful race that is the King George.

I'll be taking Vautour on in the staying chases. Hoping he wins his season debut well to compress his price for the KG and GC. This is where I'll get my position.

I'll be doing the same about Faugheen and the Champion Hurdle.

I think we could be in for a stellar NH season and I think there will be more to compete with the Mullins big guns.

Somewhat interesting read.

If Douvan stays at 2, I don't think WPM will be winning a GC this season either

I admire his optimism if he thinks Djakadam can emulate The Fellow. Think the latter was beaten in 3 Gold Cups before he won one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back