Windsor Forest Stakes

Thoroughly deserved success by filly who promised so much last year and very well ridden.

But why did it take Willie Carsons suggestion to let her use her stride that they finally decide to do that? Surely Fanshawe should have worked that out some time ago? Its not like shes suddenely changed her action!

Last edited:
Where's the AOB pacemaking brigade when you need them!

It was very much tongue in cheek! But I can imagine the reaction from some if a Coolmore horse that never made the running set the pace that coincidentally did not suit the hot favourite in a race that finds a mile her bare minimum! :p

Super ride on the winner.

No one has any problem with Murtagh/Ballydoyle.

Look how Hamdan Al Maktoum/Cheveley Park horses were ridden in the first two - ON THEIR MERITS. Something to like about that.

Last edited:
I'd rather races of various pace make-ups than those orchestrated to give one horse an advantage. Two highly admirable operations.

I'd rather races of various pace make-ups than those orchestrated to give one horse an advantage. Two highly admirable operations.

This the same person who questioned Irish Classics because they were not run at "genuine" pace as in the UK?

I actually do not have a problem with todays race...like I said, tongue in cheek.

It was very much tongue in cheek! But I can imagine the reaction from some if a Coolmore horse that never made the running set the pace that coincidentally did not suit the hot favourite in a race that finds a mile her bare minimum! :p

Not sure that's fair, or even a touch paranoid. Yesterday's argument was over whether the pace makers were ridden to achieve their best possible finish. If it can't win the race, then I'm not sure you could accuse Cheveley Park of doing same, as they did at least manage the next best option available to them with a 1-2. O'Brien's pacemakers by contrast just went up in smoke after they'd performed their duties and finished miles away

Not sure that's fair, or even a touch paranoid. Yesterday's argument was over whether the pace makers were ridden to achieve their best possible finish. If it can't win the race, then I'm not sure you could accuse Cheveley Park of doing same, as they did at least manage the next best option available to them with a 1-2. O'Brien's pacemakers by contrast just went up in smoke after they'd performed their duties and finished miles away

I was not referring to yesterdays pacemakers.

Give me a fucking break. She hadn't shown anything for a year.

sad comment and shows that you just base your observations on figures and numbers only w/o looking into the indicidual horse. always a very good filly and everyone knows fillys are far more difficult to handle and need a bit of special treatment. have you forgotten she was 2nd behind a very good filly in a certain 1000 Guineas? clearly things did not go her way after and over the top when running in newmarket backend of last season (in fact she was covered in sweat and was the lay of that particular race) . conncections have been patient with her, thank good, and she certainly wasnt your typcial 100-1 pacemaker for cheveley. never suited by epsoms track and while she does need things her way she is high-class when things fall right.

sad comment and shows that you just base your observations on figures and numbers only w/o looking into the indicidual horse. always a very good filly and everyone knows fillys are far more difficult to handle and need a bit of special treatment. have you forgotten she was 2nd behind a very good filly in a certain 1000 Guineas? clearly things did not go her way after and over the top when running in newmarket backend of last season (in fact she was covered in sweat and was the lay of that particular race) . conncections have been patient with her, thank good, and she certainly wasnt your typcial 100-1 pacemaker for cheveley. never suited by epsoms track and while she does need things her way she is high-class when things fall right.

All you have said there confirms that she indeed hadn't shown anything for over a year as Euro pointed out!

sad comment and shows that you just base your observations on figures and numbers only w/o looking into the indicidual horse. always a very good filly and everyone knows fillys are far more difficult to handle and need a bit of special treatment. have you forgotten she was 2nd behind a very good filly in a certain 1000 Guineas?

I steamed into her in the Coronation last year, so it was the perversity of the result that pi$sed me off. I could hardly forget the 1000 as I was on Natagora, but it was an average Guineas at best and the two best fillies in the race, Nahoodh and Lush Lashes, were unplaced.

Back