Windsor Saturday

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
An old pal of mine going to the races on Saturday. Would be grateful for any tip that the Flatties amongst you might want to propose.

Ta
Grass

I wanted to see a horse called Major Jack run at Royal Ascot Grassy, so given he didn't make the cut for that, I'll be backing him should he take up his entry in the 3:55 at Windsor here.

He's been staying on strongly at the end of his races, and sooner or later a jockey will get it right on him. He's also entered up at Gosforth Park on Saturday, but wherever he goes, he's a big player. I'll be celebrating my 30th birthday on this day.:)

Last edited:
Field of Fame went down in my notebook after a good run at Newbury last month over 10f
Has had 2 more runs over that distance where he has ran adequately but has imo been crying out for the step up 12f which he's entered up for at Windsor.
My cash will be down if he runs.

Last edited:
I can see why Roger Charlton has taken the Gosforth Park route with Major Jack.
A galloping track like Newcastle can hopefully take the edge off him and allow him to run his best race.

3.55 Huntsman's Close - that was the horse that ran loose at Royal Ascot (last day?) and was withdrawn - he must be OK for Charlton to be running him back so quick. He'd been well supported at the time and is a C&D winner (always helps round a slightly quirky track like Windsor) And he holds a July Cup entry.

Last edited:
I have a friend...................! :whistle:

You'll feel so much better if you come out the closet Grassy! :ninja:

I can picture him now
Raincoat,hat and fake tache on standing at the furlong pole,stopwatch in hand 😛.

I've done card although doubt i'll be betting on it,although I can put up what would I have marked off in the races looks a little to competitive for me and that will be reflected in uncompetitve prices..

She isn't a punter, giglo, and won't be price sensitive - all contributions greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Tough racing but if it stays dry Hipz could run well at a big price.

Very genuine she failed to pick up on the ground last time which was just on the slow side of good......back on fast ground she's worth a couple of shillings

PLUS her silks are pink and ladies like pink :0)

.........plus she's ridden by the daughter of the champion NH trainer, impress him/her with your knowledge Grassy.

Ya Latif looks the banker of the day @ 6/4 , won by a nk lto but extra distance should be in its favour so 4lbs rise should be fine. Runs in the 4.30

Poor card for betting on lots of guesswork..

Favourite human nature didn't have surbett far behind and the botti runner got stopped in run there should've been little between them but the botti horse is drawn wide tomorrow,the winner of the race has already got stuffed yesterday so unless these lot aren't up to much human nature could well get turned over although the experience of both runners is bug advantage.At the prices surbett looks the value presuming it's trying and not going for nurserys..

My majors run at bath is the best speedfigure in the race he looks a potential 80+ horse there are 4 other unexposed ones in the race so it's complete guesswork they will probably have to run to 85 to beat him,i imagine he will go off around 11/8 on that run he's 9/4..

Can see elhaame hitting the frame on ascot form last seson think he stays this trip and saoi has 7 pound turnaround with fav gothic on the Epsom run plus trainers in form looks guesswork race for horses that don't win often..

A weak looking listed race,thee should be a decent ew bet in this race with fav kodi bear short but speedfigures on gd/fm ground for the obvious picks in the race in similar races are poor wouldn't be surprised to see the fav win by default but couldn't back it.Short squeeze would be my token pick,most of this field have no genuine fst griund form strange race,lasst season custom cut was big improver beating top notch tonto long lay off but might hit the frame 5th in race last year..

The two obvious picks are from the Newmarket race early season huntsmans close and gamesome also both course winners they also could both be still improving..

An awful weight for age race and the older horses look useless,the fav ya latif nmight just win it on default beat crystal malt and gen I am last time out on seasonal debut and they run ok in a weakfish handicap the other night,can see this going off silly price might even go off nearer evens.Starlight symphony is a rogue hut does most of her running on the aw,she does though have respectable turf form on decent ground and could run well in poor race as hasn't been seen on it fior awhile also a c/d winner off 71...could be the ew danger

A race of rogues and poorly handicapped runners,naughty spice the only unexposed runner in the race with just 3 runs the handicamarks looking quite decent when finishing 4th to harbout patrol as the second has been runner up to easy tiger and the third free to love hacked up at bath in the week off 69 there look some handicaps for her off just 63 and aaron jones takes off 5 pound.Even if he were not to show tomorrow at 10/1 think she wuil be well backed and probably one to follow.
The other one would be gung ho jack unfortunately has terrible jock riding,hardly won a race he may run well if jock just lets him do his own thing,.. Prince regal could also hit thevframe from the 1 draw and maybe be inviolved in fcasts..

Last edited:

Favourite human nature didn't have surbett far behind and the botti runner got stopped in run there should've been little between them but the botti horse is drawn wide tomorrow,the winner of the race has already got stuffed yesterday so unless these lot aren't up to much human nature could well get turned over although the experience of both runners is bug advantage.At the prices surbett looks the value presuming it's trying and not going for nurserys..

6/4 a place:D 10s ew as well :cool:

My majors run at bath is the best speedfigure in the race he looks a potential 80+ horse there are 4 other unexposed ones in the race so it's complete guesswork they will probably have to run to 85 to beat him,i imagine he will go off around 11/8 on that run he's 9/4..

Can see elhaame hitting the frame on ascot form last seson think he stays this trip and saoi has 7 pound turnaround with fav gothic on the Epsom run plus trainers in form looks guesswork race for horses that don't win often..

Got 6/1!!:cool:

A weak looking listed race,thee should be a decent ew bet in this race with fav kodi bear short but speedfigures on gd/fm ground for the obvious picks in the race in similar races are poor wouldn't be surprised to see the fav win by default but couldn't back it.Short squeeze would be my token pick,most of this field have no genuine fst griund form strange race,lasst season custom cut was big improver beating top notch tonto long lay off but might hit the frame 5th in race last year..

The two obvious picks are from the Newmarket race early season huntsmans close and gamesome also both course winners they also could both be still improving..

An awful weight for age race and the older horses look useless,the fav ya latif nmight just win it on default beat crystal malt and gen I am last time out on seasonal debut and they run ok in a weakfish handicap the other night,can see this going off silly price might even go off nearer evens.Starlight symphony is a rogue hut does most of her running on the aw,she does though have respectable turf form on decent ground and could run well in poor race as hasn't been seen on it fior awhile also a c/d winner off 71...could be the ew danger

A race of rogues and poorly handicapped runners,naughty spice the only unexposed runner in the race with just 3 runs the handicamarks looking quite decent when finishing 4th to harbout patrol as the second has been runner up to easy tiger and the third free to love hacked up at bath in the week off 69 there look some handicaps for her off just 63 and aaron jones takes off 5 pound.Even if he were not to show tomorrow at 10/1 think she wuil be well backed and probably one to follow.
The other one would be gung ho jack unfortunately has terrible jock riding,hardly won a race he may run well if jock just lets him do his own thing,.. Prince regal could also hit thevframe from the 1 draw and maybe be inviolved in fcasts..

[BKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!Another annihilation job on at 6s!!!:lol::cool:][/B]

She backed Kodi and Huntsman.....and is one very happy lady. Thanks for all the contributions, lads.

Back