Wordle

Desert Orchid

Senior Jockey
Any players on here?

In case you weren't aware, there's a site called Wordle Unlimited which lets you play pretty much all you want.

It's changed format in the last couple of days, for the worse, but it's still okay.

We met someone the beach the other day that was raving about it and showed me how to do it. But I’m scared to try it in case it makes me realise how thick I am. I can’t do crosswords, even easy ones.

It's a word version of the old Master Mind game.

Give it a go.You might surprise yourself.Or watch a couple of editions of Lingo on TV. It's based on the same idea.

It's not the kind of thing I'd rave about, though. It just helps me pass some time/take my mind off all the shite going on around me right now.

It's a word version of the old Master Mind game.

Give it a go.You might surprise yourself.Or watch a couple of editions of Lingo on TV. It's based on the same idea.

It's not the kind of thing I'd rave about, though. It just helps me pass some time/take my mind off all the shite going on around me right now.

Just tried it after I read your post DO & got it in 3 - easy stuff eh? Why bother if it's that easy is what I say:lol: (it must be a bit like the first time anyone has a bet - it either wins or it's placed, it NEVER loses)

Last edited:
Whilst it was OK I'll still have my daily dose of Sudoko to blow the cobwebs away

Last edited:
Just tried it after I read your post DO & got it in 3 - easy stuff eh? Why bother if it's that easy is what I say:lol: (it must be a bit like the first time anyone has a bet - it either wins or it's placed, it NEVER loses)

I've got it with my second go quite a few times but have 'lost' quite a few times too. I find the trickiest ones are the most frequent combos. If you have -A-E- you could fill in the blanks several times and still not exhaust all the possibilities. The less common words tend to end up easier.

My cousin boasted on FB that she got one last week at her first go. I'm not sure how many 000/1 that must have been! 25000/1 maybe?

Almost embarrassed to report that I got one in three goes today. The answer? FANNY

(That's the kind of thing I could take personally...)

The number of five-letter words coming to mind...

One of the curses of being a cunning linguist.

Last edited:
There's also Lewdle for anyone not faint of heart ;)

I got yesterday's first go - god knows how. I usually average go 4 to get them and have only missed twice in the couple of months or so Ive been doing it. Sadly like a man though - it only lasts five minutes and you have to wait 24 hours for the next go....

Took me about 6 tries to get the hang of it..started off thinking you had to match words across with words down DUH!!!

Easy enough once you get going...I play WORD LOTS on my android..now at level 363 and am a Ph.D Candidate......sound great but that puts me at 750,000 points behind the worlds number 1 :lol:

Last edited:
There's also Lewdle for anyone not faint of heart ;)

I got yesterday's first go - god knows how. I usually average go 4 to get them and have only missed twice in the couple of months or so Ive been doing it. Sadly like a man though - it only lasts five minutes and you have to wait 24 hours for the next go....

You are golden, T.

Back