York(3)

barjon

Conditional
Another rubbish day, but I was on reduced stakes so not much damage. I’ll exercise the same caution tomorrow. Marine Wave was disappointing. She looked to have got herself quite well positioned, but when push came to shove she dropped away and finished with only one behind her. Didn’t seem to be any excuses and unless Fahey was telling porkies she was up for it fitnesswise.

Dutch Decoy was doubly disappointing. He, too, went nowhere when push came to shove. Disappointment got the treble up when Ancient Wisdom was put to the sword by Economics (who looked pretty smart) and maybe a couple of million euros wasn’t that well spent.

So far as Sports Coach was concerned, if the idea was to see how he would cope in this class then his last place gave them the answer.

I’m hardly brimful of confidence for sorting anything out tomorrow. As I mentioned, I’m going small again.

4:15 Lead Artist was slowly away and failed to catch First Conquest by a nose at Newmarket. Has a 6lb pull tomorrow which ought to be enough, although the Gosden horses don’t seem to be running up to snuff here.

3:15 Devoted Queen didn’t win particularly impressively at Kempton, but she was still showing a lot of inexperience and should have come on a bundle, but this is a far bigger test. Probably just a watch.

3:45 Another Gosden horse, but one I want to watch is Gregory who needs to up his game a tad. Another watch unless there’s market action.

Tower Of London is 11/8f but Giavellotto is, after wfa adjustment from their meeting earlier this year, 6lbs better off for a length and is okay on fast ground. There's no way he should be four times the price of the favourite so I've taken him ew (11/2) with three places on offer with Hills. Vauban is the one to beat but G's price is miles wrong.

Unfortunately, as I personally rate the penalised Tower Of London a few pounds above his current OR and consider him progressive, I think the market is priced about right.

So I'm no help to anyone - sorry!

The 15/8 with the William Hill Organisation earlier in the week has long gone, but he's currently on the ease to the relatively small early money on the machine at 2.72 currently.

He looks like a favourite with a favourite's chance to me - as I was impressed at Meydan - but he does have to concede 3lb to some tough, talented, likeable rivals.

My York bets for today.
2.45 majestic win 7/1 stressfree e.way 16/1.
5.20 pilgrim win 11/2 and master of my fate e.way 18/1. I've also done some e.way cross doubles on the 4 selections.

Tower Of London is 11/8f but Giavellotto is, after wfa adjustment from their meeting earlier this year, 6lbs better off for a length and is okay on fast ground. There's no way he should be four times the price of the favourite so I've taken him ew (11/2) with three places on offer with Hills. Vauban is the one to beat but G's price is miles wrong.
Judge!

Nice one D.well found.:cheerleader:

:drink: :drink::drink:

That was a much better day, redressed the balance a bit. Lead Artist looked pretty good winning and I think there’s more to come for him.

LEAD ARTIST is a good-looking horse, we've always liked him but we couldn't run him last year. He's come on from the Wood Ditton. The last furlong was his best furlong and I think a stiff mile is his game right now” - John Gosden, joint-trainer.

Devoted Queen
won nicely as well. She had to work at it, but looked much more like the finished article. Royal Ascot bound?

Gregory looked ok, but nothing particularly special. He finished strongly and could probably do better the further they go.

“I really liked the way Gregory got his second wind and stayed on again. The plan is to go straight to the Gold Cup. He'll enjoy the distance” - John Gosden, joint-trainer.

Back