York - Day 3

Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Not a very inspiring card tomorrow and I've pretty much given hope on Bated Breath winning. Ridiculous racing ground for the middle of August - who's the wanker in charge of watering it and when was it last done?

Kiama Bay (2.00) is improving and it took a group class horse to foil his 4-timer lto at Ascot. Races off the same mark here, and difficult to see him out of places.
Dux Scholar (3.05) is also progressive and, if he's to justify a Celebration Mile entry, ought to win this comfortably.
Also think Hoof It will just about win, though he's no good thing over this sharp 5.

Not a very inspiring card tomorrow and I've pretty much given hope on Bated Breath winning. Ridiculous racing ground for the middle of August - who's the wanker in charge of watering it and when was it last done?

The Lord above, I think. There's been loads of rain here in Yorkshire for the past ten days or so.

I didnt see the race Wizz Kid beat Prohibit in, and cant find a replay online, would be very interested in seeing it as im very Sweet on Prohibit. Had no bet yesterday, and wasnt going to have any today, but am tempted by Prohibit on his showing at Ascot. Showed a lot of speed there to beat Star Witness, who showed a lot of speed the next time out but didnt seem to see out the 6f.

Know nothing about the horse but I have received serious word for him from the breeders this morning. Where's Gamla when you need him...

I think the horse has a very good chance and although the juicy prices have gone (25s earlier in the week), she's still a decent bet at 12s with Ladbrokes when you're getting 4 places. I was at Chantilly the day she won and she seemed to look like the sort that will continue to improve and this has been her target since then. She beat Prohibit fair and square that day and she's arguably the value in the race even now her price has contracted. I also agree with the Margot Did angle, I don't think she'll win but I suspect she'll run above her price for sure.

I like Waldvogel in the first, got a shocker at Ascot under Peslier LTO in the Shergar Cup and seems to be still unexposed on the flat at 1m4f. Ran well here two runs back and 18s is far too big.

Im in the Margot Did camp she has definitely got a big prize in her and today could be the day

Nunthorpe looks a poor group 1 to me. Only two Gr1 winners (By my reckoning) in the field and Hoof it and Bated Breath are yet to win a group race. In a trappy looking race i'd have to side with Masamah as he;s in form, his trainers' in form and this track suits front runners. Spencer will be booting him out quick.

I think Burwaaz is a group 1 sprinter in the making but i'm not sure he's seeing out 6 yet and I don't know enough about the rest of the field in the Gimcrack so will be leaving that alone.

Best bet of the day for me is Biondetti. His price looks completely wrong and i'll be amazed if he is out of the first three. Proper E/W punt for me on him (Probably split on the exchange with slightly more on the win).

I' really don't understand the price of Green Destiny. Not my sort of bet to straight lay a 3/1 shot but I think he's making the market for a few others.

Joke of a race, anything that went far side was screwed. This is the Nunthorpe, not the bloody Ayr Gold Cup. York should be ashamed of allowing such a bias in a group one.

Well done to the winner though but the proximity of the past it Tim Easterby handicappers says it all.

Joke of a race, anything that went far side was screwed. This is the Nunthorpe, not the bloody Ayr Gold Cup. York should be ashamed of allowing such a bias in a group one.

Well done to the winner though but the proximity of the past it Tim Easterby handicappers says it all.

About time it was downgraded. Yet another awful renewal.

Back