York Ebor Meeting Competition

Many thanks for running the great comp, D.G. Good fun.
Well done and congrats Tout Seul. Superb picking.

Yes, well done Tout and full deserved. Plus much thanks to DG for a superbly ran comp.

If only my horses could have run a bit faster and for longer then I could have been a contender...

Yes, thanks very much for organising a great competition, DG. I love your competitions.

And well done to Tout Seul. Very solid scoring, and some nice winners along the way. Glad you made some real money out of it, too.

It was a very tough week. I reckon anybody with a score of 92 or more has done very, very well.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, these competitions give me an interest as well as I don't get involved in betting, have you seen my selections !

I am looking to trial a new four week tipping competition and there is an opportunity over the four weeks starting on Sunday Sept 8th. The first week includes the four day Doncaster St Leger meeting as well as the Irish Leger meeting at The Curragh, the second week includes the Dubai Duty Free meeting at Newbury and the Ayr Gold Cup meeting, the third week has a top Newmarket meeting terminating with the Cambridgeshire and there are good meetings at Gowran Park (NH)and Ascot in week four. The competition is run on a knock out basis and I am looking for 32 players so the first 32 players to put their name forward on the relevant thread will form the competition, it won’t work with more unless we get 64 although I might even be able to work something with 48. If you don’t get in the 32 you can still play assuming there is an opponent(s) but you won’t be part of the main competition. Each stage of the competition runs for a week and the competition finishes on Saturday October 5th.The two remaining players will contest the final with adapted rules which will be based on Arc day at Longchamp on Sunday October 6th.

The competition is called “The Chase” and is based on the television programme of the same name. It is easy to enter and only requires you to pick one horse a day.

I will post the relevant thread called by that name along with the rules and a demonstration how it works next Sunday Sept 1st at around 10am and as I say the first 32 players to volunteer on that thread form the competition proper. As soon as there are 32 players I will do the draw and post it up.

Last edited:
Back