York

Just from watching the coverage there was definitely a wind, not sure which way it was blowing unfortunately.

Definitely blew a gale most of the afternoon yesterday and Jamie Spencer said that there was a very strong headwind down the back after the Musidora.

There is something odd there Gareth, definately yesterday...today as well to be fair.

Take the Dante for example..a truly run race..run in 131.64..thats 2 seonds slower than the RP standard for one...and 5 seconds slower than Erhaab's record time of 126.18.......yet they said it was Good Good-Firm in places today

I got it at Good - Good/firm yesterday ..just..which I was quite happy with....today I'm slow side of good :blink:..I also think Topspeed will mirror this.

Today, would you really have expected easy ground horse Kayf Aramis, to relish ground faster than Good?

I'll have to give up with it, its doing me head in.

Apart from the wind, you've also got to wonder exactly what effect all the work done on the track has had on what "Good" ground really is there. Not sure I'd want to use the times to interpret the ground until there's a bit more evidence of the 'new' York.

Would imagine that the wind (which was very strong at times) would render using the times pretty much irrelevant in this case.

It was much windier yesterday than today. However, today they were going in quite deep in places, which was not the case yesterday.

On another note, how many forumites are racing tommorrow? Not totally sure I can attend but I'd be up for a drink after anyway (The Punch Bowl or Lowther in town or even The Brigadier Gerard perhaps - all three even!).

I got it at Good - Good/firm yesterday ..just..which I was quite happy with....today I'm slow side of good :blink:..

Same as me. Been lashing it down for most of the evening in Sheffield and spoke to a friend in Leeds who reports similar so presume the same can be said for York?

On another note, how many forumites are racing tommorrow? Not totally sure I can attend but I'd be up for a drink after anyway (The Punch Bowl or Lowther in town or even The Brigadier Gerard perhaps - all three even!).

I`ll be there.

I`ve spent awhile looking at the form as the people i`m going with aren`t really racing people and want selections. Tricky card but i`m going with Washington Irving in the Yorkshire Cup. This horse has been crying out for a trip and if you forgive him his lacklustre run in the Leger I think he`s a bit of value. Ask should win, but I reckon he`ll be too short.

The only other race worth bothering with is the handcap over 12f and i`ve gone for Gordonsville in this.

The only other race worth bothering with is the handcap over 12f and i`ve gone for Gordonsville in this.

Some money around for Bollin Felix this evening in that constest. Stable had the well back Hamish McGonagall run well there today in the opening sprint and the winner of the 3.45 too. Will appreciate any overnight rain, I've taken some 16/1 about this one as well as some fancy prices about Washington Irvines stablemate Percussionist in the Yorkshire Cup.

Last edited:
Pick something with big feet it's really coming down now. Interesting to see how the track holds up with this rain.

Miserable morning alright. Been pissing down since I woke up around 7 and doesn't look like letting up anytime soon.

:lol:

I felt quite manly going without a jacket yesterday despite the bad weather. Although I did compromise with a jumper. Then I saw all the bare shoulders on the `ladies` and felt a wuss all over again.

The Ebor stand is nice, particulary like calling the bars after some of the greats (did Mill Reef ever run at York though?)

It was good meeting Bets and Arkers as well.

Euronymous Mill Reef did run at york in the Gimcrack were he put up a dazzling display to beat the following seasons champion sprinter Gren God by 10 lengths in a quagmire after heavy overnight rain

Back