York

Proper performances from the front two in the Duke of York especially Astaire as life is generally very hard for three year old sprinters nowadays and Maarek had his conditions today.

Markets always overreact to penalised horses and Jack Dexter is intensely overrated. Timeform have him on 124

They're all overrated when they lose, but Mass Rally (close-up 4th) has been thrashed by JD on at least 4 occasions since last summer.
With his outside draw,and the whole field aiming for the opposite rail, he just never had the cover he needs, yesterday.

On the drying ground, Thistle Bird ought to have too much speed for these today.

Talking of the Lockinge. Montiridge looks a tidy price imo. Can certainly see him turning over the fav on the drying ground.

He looked fed-up during whatever it is they call eight jockeys standing in front of some cardboard. The look of a man who knew he was on a pacemaker.

I thought the ride was extraordinary . Montiridge is a hold up horse he once made the running in a weak race at sandown but all his best runs have been from behind . He is not owned by Al Shaqab - the ride called for an explanation.

Totally agree - I was expecting a much much better run from Montiridge than that - even if they knew he'd be beaten by Olympic Glory (who they "worried" about the ground for and talked up Montiridge), what about those punters who were doing the forecast? Hughsie never picked his stick up once or even moderately pushed him.

Very poor show by Team Hannon.

Totally agree - I was expecting a much much better run from Montiridge than that - even if they knew he'd be beaten by Olympic Glory (who they "worried" about the ground for and talked up Montiridge), what about those punters who were doing the forecast? Hughsie never picked his stick up once or even moderately pushed him.

Very poor show by Team Hannon.

Even on the Sandown form he should have been third or fourth. He was pushed along but quickly backpedalled. I suppose the only question will be if it turns out there is something amiss with him . The tactics were still extraordinary.

- even if they knew he'd be beaten by Olympic Glory (who they "worried" about the ground for and talked up Montiridge)

... and then Hannon says after the race the ground was never going to be an issue for Olympic Glory :ninja:

Last edited:
I think the Jacques le Marois showed the ground was not an issue - very fast ground plus he was over the top in the Breeders .

The ground is more of an issue with Toronado the other way . Some talk OG will go for the Prince of Wales's but I assume only if Treve stays at home .

Back