York

barjon

Conditional
I love the place, always there until I moved back daaan sarrf.

Plenty of old friends running today, but most of the races a total fog in my mind with no idea what’s going to emerge from the mist. Keep my money dry on those, I think.

Otherwise, I thought FRIENDLY SOUL was quite impressive in the Listed Pretty Polly at Newmarket and should be at home in the Group3 Musidora. I managed to get a bit at evens last night, but I won’t be adding (4/6 now)

AZURE BLUE won the Clipper last year and carries the same weight this time. You would have thought Dods would have her spot on for a repeat, but he’s murmuring about needing the run which is off-putting (maybe it’s meant to be). In any event, I reckon MONTASSIB will give her a run for her money, although I’d like a tad more juice in the ground. If there’s a surprise coming it might be KHAADEM who has been plying his trade in Grade1s and would be bang there if recapturing something near his Ascot win on good to firm ground. Might have an ew nibble at 20/1.

BJ
Friendly Soul is a lovely filly and I think she is a mile and a quarter filly. She won't be an Epsom filly but we might make a visit to Chantilly (for the French Oaks)
- John Gosden, joint-trainer.

Back