You Tube Hero

Ardross

Senior Jockey
A You Tube hero must be espmadrid - whose endless videos of old races light up the place .

Here is a particular favourite of mine - Lester riding the pants off Cauthen in the 1985 Benson and Hedges Gold Cup . I am firmly of the view that had Lester still been Cecil's stable jockey in 1985 Oh So Sharp would have retired unbeaten.

Amazing he had ridden so few winners in the UK but he had spent much of the year riding for Fabre in France .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNCBP8bE3mg

I'm sure espmadrid posts on here occasionally under a different name.Just spent the last half hour watching the 1975 National & Dawn Runs Aintree defeat after winning the Gold Cup.
Cauthen did well to win the Guineas on Oh So Sharp-would Lester have won that race-maybe,maybe not.She was unlucky to run into Petoski at Ascot and it was a definite mistake to run her at York after such a hard race.

I'm sure espmadrid posts on here occasionally under a different name.Just spent the last half hour watching the 1975 National & Dawn Runs Aintree defeat after winning the Gold Cup.
Cauthen did well to win the Guineas on Oh So Sharp-would Lester have won that race-maybe,maybe not.She was unlucky to run into Petoski at Ascot and it was a definite mistake to run her at York after such a hard race.

Cauthen gave her an absolute shocker in the KG - in front much too soon and mugged by a horse in the centre of the course . Lester nearly pinched the Guineas on the inferior Bella Colora !

I would have said the Guineas was a triumph for Cauthen -they tried to run OSS off her feet and considering she ended up winning the Leger I would have said Cauten gave her the perfect ride.
I need to rewatch the King George but my memory was she got mugged by a horse who ran the race of his life.York was definitely a mistake after her exertions at Ascot-trainer error.She probably didn't need to be at her best to win the Leger.Her form with Triptych was excellent but it's a shame she didn't produce a really good one when sent to the paddocks.

I would have said the Guineas was a triumph for Cauthen -they tried to run OSS off her feet and considering she ended up winning the Leger I would have said Cauten gave her the perfect ride.
I need to rewatch the King George but my memory was she got mugged by a horse who ran the race of his life.York was definitely a mistake after her exertions at Ascot-trainer error.She probably didn't need to be at her best to win the Leger.Her form with Triptych was excellent but it's a shame she didn't produce a really good one when sent to the paddocks.

I don't agree about the Guineas - she was flat out but her class got her home up the hill. The ill-advised ride was given by the late Tony Murray on Al Bahatri who probably had the most speed and was softened up by getting into a long battle with Bella Colora .

Last edited:
espmadrid = TH member 'Arazi' (NAP)

:) No it isn't me Grasshopper. I wish it was because I'd love to have the collection of races that espmadrid has.

The good thing is he accepts requests, so those Remittance Man & Azertyuiop races that I linked to a couple of weeks back were races that I asked him to put on youtube.

Unfortunately, he can't put up any races from 2004 onwards that were covered by Racing UK because they take them down due to copyright. That's a pain in the arse because I would requested to see Well Chief's Victor Chandler & Game Spirit Chase wins again straight away!

Back