Your best and worst festival AP bets so far

ajax trees down

At the Start
December the 1st and it's time to see the best and worst ante post bets so far. I'm quite happy with balleycassey for the RSA at 25s but west wizard at 11s for the supreme isn't looking to pretty. Plus empiracle probably won't get a run either.

That's what I heard I have officially tore up my slip. I though Scott said it might come back for a late season campaign?

Best would be Monksland at 28/1 for the World Hurdle. With AFC's defeat yesterday and some doubt surely about Big Buck's returning to his best the race should be wide open. Pleased that his trainer hasn't run him yet, suggesting a quiet campaign geared around Cheltenham is the plan.

Worst is probably Clondaw Kaempfer for the RSA.

I had my biggest bet last year on monks land for the WH and that late injury broke my heart. Gone pretty big on solwhit this year, but big bucks will come back just as good I know it.

Always the guessing game as to which race he will go for and can't imagine he beat much today but on the short list non the less

Pretty sure that Empiracle was the horse that JP tried to buy but suffice to say he didn't pass the vet and is at best of below average soundness.

That was the story put out at the time Martin, but the vet problem was in fact a very minor matter and wouldn't have prevented the sale. The truth is that JS didn't feel comfortable selling to JP, preferring to put together a partnership of his existing owners. Then the horse picked up a tendon injury in March, which effectively ruled him out for this season.

Willie saddled a decent bumper prospect this afternoon. No doubting hell probably have the winner come march it's just what's his best chance??

Cheers Michael - had been told otherwise.

Either way his tendon injury won't have done him any good and you'd want to be seeing him entered up soon if they want to get the horse to any race at the Festival.

Martin

Two down so far Analifet and Sir Des Champs but decent prices obtained on MTOY (10/1), Dodging Bullets (16/1) and Sire de Grugy (16/1).

Worst live bet probably Our Conor at 5/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody got any opinions on the triumph hurdle? I was on our conor at 16s last year and cheered him on all the way to the festival.. this year it looks tough... I firstly backed royal irish hussar then annafilet but not as confident now. the Nicholls fav might not even go to Cheltenham..

Back