Aftertiming thread

jinnyj

Senior Jockey
As you all know I’m the absolute queen of aftertiming :lol: but I thought I’d just share this little gem with you.

I did the catering at Jeremy Scots Open Day a couple of months ago as I felt I owed him (he was in our hunt pantomime a couple of years ago plus he stepped in as compère at the Point to Point Awards evening I run). Anyway I took the opportunity to look round the yard and spotted a couple including a nice Golden Horn filly he had. I spotted it last minute today making its debut in the bumper at Wincanton and thought “well I’d be stupid not to stick a cheeky £1 ew on it....I just checked my betfair account...it went in at 30-1 :<3:....luvly Xmas pressie thank you Jeremy!

I also spotted a nice Arvico 4yo gelding they think a bit of....will try and remember to flag that one up!

I played a free competition some will be aware of with William Hill today called '3 or 4'.

You have to try and pick 6 games in the football league where there are 3 or 4 goals.

6 correct games - 200 pound in free bets

5 correct games - Fiver free bet

Four correct games - £1 free bet

Needless to say I rarely overthink this so just picked all the premier league games I could see and picked the top game with the early kick off today in the Championship.

Well...all the five premier league games I picked actually came up with exact 3 or 4 goals but the sixth and final championship game came up just short with only 2 goals, so I now end up with a fiver free bet instead of 200 pound in free bets..

How close was that!!

I could be an old aged pensioner before I ever get close to the full six game prediction set again and the full 200 pound in free bets!

Last edited:
I don’t wish to boast, but I got very good prices on my five runners today - they all lost.

Must get Brownie Guinan (of "That's Cheltenham " and "Stand By Douvan" fame) to write a song "Queen Of After Timing " in your honour.
Expecting a front row pew for the coronation mind !

Last edited:
I played a free competition some will be aware of with William Hill today called '3 or 4'.

You have to try and pick 6 games in the football league where there are 3 or 4 goals.

6 correct games - 200 pound in free bets

5 correct games - Fiver free bet

Four correct games - £1 free bet

Needless to say I rarely overthink this so just picked all the premier league games I could see and picked the top game with the early kick off today in the Championship.

Well...all the five premier league games I picked actually came up with exact 3 or 4 goals but the sixth and final championship game came up just short with only 2 goals, so I now end up with a fiver free bet instead of 200 pound in free bets..

How close was that!!

I could be an old aged pensioner before I ever get close to the full six game prediction set again and the full 200 pound in free bets!

To top it all off the Liverpool V Villa game finished with four goals tonight, why wasn't that my sixth selection!!

I couldn't make it up...

Last edited:
I had a tenner on Johnny Logan to win the Eurovision in 1980 with 'Whats Another Year ' at 14s. Just sayin....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

As you all know I’m the absolute queen of aftertiming :lol: but I thought I’d just share this little gem with you.

I did the catering at Jeremy Scots Open Day a couple of months ago as I felt I owed him (he was in our hunt pantomime a couple of years ago plus he stepped in as compère at the Point to Point Awards evening I run). Anyway I took the opportunity to look round the yard and spotted a couple including a nice Golden Horn filly he had. I spotted it last minute today making its debut in the bumper at Wincanton and thought “well I’d be stupid not to stick a cheeky £1 ew on it....I just checked my betfair account...it went in at 30-1 :<3:....luvly Xmas pressie thank you Jeremy!

I also spotted a nice Arvico 4yo gelding they think a bit of....will try and remember to flag that one up!

She started shorter than that before her price contacted considerably just before the off. Not sure if she was blue across the board on oddschecker but her price certainly shortened on W Hill.

I'd have "gamblers regret" if I'd done this - why didn't I have £2 ew??? Hahaha

I’ve got another one....Editeur du Gite.....! BUT....! I did flag it up as being stopped last time out and I was gutted that Cheltenham was off earlier this month as I’ve been waiting for him....took 33s..:lol:

I’ve got another one....Editeur du Gite.....! BUT....! I did flag it up as being stopped last time out and I was gutted that Cheltenham was off earlier this month as I’ve been waiting for him....took 33s..:lol:

I thought you might. Glad for you.

What happend to Edwardstone? I missed it.

I was thinking of your post all the way round.

In 1963 I got 200,000/1 that Kennedy would get taken out before the road bridge and it would be one of his own security guards in the car that blew his head off. Thank goodness I went for before the road bridge, was 50/50 on that.

Last edited:
Absent-mindedly looked into my Betfair account at 13:40 and noticed a horse called my Genghis up against a 1.14 favourite, available to back at 26 and winking furiously at me.

I "use the force" quite extensively in my betting so I had £2 on it and forgot all about it......

A nice wee new year bonus for me!:lol:

Absent-mindedly looked into my Betfair account at 13:40 and noticed a horse called my Genghis up against a 1.14 favourite, available to back at 26 and winking furiously at me.

I "use the force" quite extensively in my betting so I had £2 on it and forgot all about it......

A nice wee new year bonus for me![emoji38]
Backed it last night @ 7s on the basis of the Trainer/Jockey combination form, with B365 which are the only account I have still paying BOG the night before!

Trainer/Jockey were 40% Win and 60% Place with a profit of £57.50 over the last 14 days fwiw

Crikey. I’ve just looked at the trainer/jockey combo. Who is C Lee? I think I’ve seen him on race cards and with my terrible eyesight assumed it was Graham Lee. I think we need to keep this to ourselves, though. Interesting to see how the trainer gets on at Chelmsford tonight.

Back