Aftertiming thread

How about GIOVINCO Dessie is that a horse or is that a horse?.....I reckon he'll win the Swinton Handicap Hurdle but don't tell anyone till we get our dosh on:0)

Took 100-1 the Sister for the Oaks a few days ago...based on the Doom race. Don't know what happened to Doom, but that form looked potentially very hot to me.

If Doom is still in training, and has en entry somewhere, it may well pay to take notice. Although the secret's been well and truly whispered now.

I’d be pretty pleased with that after just watching her win! I haven’t seen the Chester filly yet but Soul Sister wins the Oaks for me.

Took 100-1 the Sister for the Oaks a few days ago...

Yes, so did I. I took 33/1 Novakai and noticed Soul Sister at 100/1 (Gosden/Dettori/why the Musidora?) had a wee think and reckoned even a promising run here would see the price slashed so stuck some fun money on her at the price. They're offering me 20/1 cash-out, which is tempting in case she ends up not running and the money would cover my losses on Novakai today.

More good news! And thx to your comments on Novakai, DO, that got me the FC today as well. It was about time I had a super good day :)

And thanks to Tanlic (I think it was Tanlic) because without the Doom mentions here last year, I probably wouldn't have been anywhere close.

Last edited:
More good and not-so-good news...

I had the foresight to back Novakai each-way (I'd got it into my head that she couldn't lose and thought I'd gone for win-only) at 8s and 15/2 and also had a heavy each-way double with NR La Yakel so that was another place return so I can now think about letting the Oaks bet on SS ride. I still think I'll cash out, though, as I can hold off to see how things progress. Anything can happen on the gallops or the ground could go against her and, if necessary, I can always re-invest the cash-out money at the best odds nearer the off.

The bad news is that I was sure I'd backed Bielsa at 18/1 on Monday evening but I'm not seeing it in any of my accounts :ninja: so I don't know what kind of brain fart I've had.

I backed Azure Blue as she went in the stalls so literally zero time to tell you how astute I am....:lol:

I backed Azure Blue as she went in the stalls so literally zero time to tell you how astute I am....:lol:

I backed her last time, but thought this one would be be a bit beyond her - that’s how astute I am ;)

I think that's a fair enough position barjon. She was all out to hold off Heredia at Newmarket, this was much much tougher.

I backed Giavelletto. He was running in handicaps last year. I took my chance today so just hope he keeps the race.

There's still one to go, the Malinas bumper runner in the last at Downpatrick. Just need GE's to underperform and 2 or 3 others to not be quite ready yet. There's a chance (commensurate with the odds). A little bit buzzing. And it's a long wait!!

Yeah cheers ITV showed a replay of the St Leger and he was staying on especially after the line that day. I just had to put a line through his last run and hope he had improved a lot from last year. Thanks again anyway, I was a bit deflated after the 3.00, backing something that never got in the race and seeing my namesake Marbaba The Champ win. I shoulda woulda coulda had that based on its name lol.

Last edited:
I backed La Domaniale at Aintree with SkyBet to get the extra place. Just looked and saw she had won. Jubilation quickly turned to frustration when I saw the 14/1 SP and realised SkyBet don’t pay BOG on extra place races

I took 8/1 and it feels like a f*****g loser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same feelings on Eligible who won earlier at 10/1 but was available at 25s or 33s last night.

I had him in a £1 E/W Lucky 15 last night with Giavelletto in a shop on the highstreet so received about 210 quid at their SP prices today, but if I was able to take the prices last night like I wanted to, my return would have been 500 or 600.

I checked a couple of shops in my town centre when I was placing my E/W lucky 15 but neither had prices so I had to settle for SP.

200 was still certainly better than a toe punt in the bollox which someone did to me once at secondary school for no reason, (they should have held an inquiry into that), but anyway...

A trip to another bookies 15 minutes that I know would have had early prices would have been really clever but anyway...just another gamblers tale.

Roll on tomorrow.

Last edited:
Should have backed ROPEY GUEST today.i sat here last night thinking it was just having a run ready for Ascot.what I didnt check was it was off a lifetime low mark of 88 and needed to win to get in the Buckingham palace at ascot.there was me thinking it wont ruin its mark for 10 grand.:ninja:

Should have backed ROPEY GUEST today.i sat here last night thinking it was just having a run ready for Ascot.what I didnt check was it was off a lifetime low mark of 88 and needed to win to get in the Buckingham palace at ascot.there was me thinking it wont ruin its mark for 10 grand.:ninja:

Goes down as one missed here, too, Outsider. Sadly unlikely to be the last :)

I didn't even look at today's cards so didn't even know it was running. Easy to claim I would have backed it but we'll never know :lol:

Back