Aftertiming thread

Fancied 3 in the 415 sandown and backed 2 of them.
I fancied Spring bloom and took 14/1 and he drifted to 25s and ran a cracker.
I also couldnt resist the 25/1 betfair on GOOD EARTH
The other was Call me ginger 6th.and he had nowhere to go and the Portland again should be a good way to go.

Nice one, Outsider. I took Spring Bloom each way aswell. A bit of a shame he was slower at the start than some of the others as he flew home for third.

Last edited:
Ropey Guest and Escobar have been cliff horses of mine for eons.
Thankfully today I got the choice and race right, for once.
Should anything win with him , I shall be happy for a long, long time.
If not, my weeks betting is covered.

Old Ropey is such a lovely horse and great for the Margasons. Nice to see Jimmy Scott in the winners Enclosure with them. He was such an integral part of the halcyon days at Stoutes.

Couldn’t let Warm Heart go at the price after I backed her to win the Ribblesdale. I was hoping the Irish Oaks form was purely ground related and so it proved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God bless William Haggas.

A few weeks ago he told TV viewers Sweet William would win at Newbury.

Today he as much as told us Middle Earth would win so I managed to get something on at 9/2 to cover my losing bets (one of which was Denmark).

A disaster day...

Took 100-1 early morning on Emotional Memories at Utt, topped up at 75 BF in the lead up. Stumbled/clipped on the flat and wasn't far off coming down about 2 out when just starting progress from the back, nearest finish into a close 3rd. A little devil sat on my shoulder for an hour afterwards sticking a fork in my head gleefully shouting 'you know he'd have won, don't you'.

Then Mactavish (a Yorgonnabelucky going up to 3 miles) for enough bits of 30, beaten not much more than 6 inches, just failed.

And to top it all. Fools Rush In steps up to a mile for the first time...but I figured he wasn't stopping in the 7f race at Haydock when beaten 2 millimetres by Tacarib Bay on soft, the Southwell surface might give him the give he needs, and 55 BF was nigh on an insult. Ran very well to be a close enough 4th beaten less than a length, maybe the 8f was 100 yards too far in the end.

The kicker, didn't do my usual EW treble.

On the bright side, getting close with a few can be a good sign. Still hurting a bit, though.

**edit** and finally, Sir Chauvelin pulls it out of the bag at a pretty tasty 34. But I don't want to think what the EW 4 timer comes to.

**edit** and the big question now is can Night On Earth do something at 32/34. Looks to be drawn on the right side of the track, going by earlier races **almost relieved he couldn't hang on for 4th, good run though**

** but is there one race left in Protected Guest, hang on for 100+ to find out

Last edited:
I drafted a post about Minella Indo for the ‘Should be odds on thread’ but completely forgot about it in my haste to get the 3/1 with Bet365. A bit of a fright after the last though when Rachael looked like she may have overdone it on the easing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a splendid day today with 5 winners.

Capodanno 8/1
Elixir de nuts 40/1
Kerry hill 8/1
Annual invictus 20/1
Noble Yeats 3/1

Enjoying a few whiskies tonight as a result.

Had a splendid day today with 5 winners.

Capodanno 8/1
Elixir de nuts 40/1
Kerry hill 8/1
Annual invictus 20/1
Noble Yeats 3/1

Enjoying a few whiskies tonight as a result.

Well done Simmo.
I had kerryhill and anual invictus but didnt do Ai on it's own.
So I had a good day as well.a pint of cravendale for me.

Back