Equine Retirements, Long Term Injuries and Departures

One of the great modern hurdlers, Hardy Eustace was put to sleep this week

Possibly one of my all time favs. I was there when he won what was the Sun Alliance Novice at Cheltenham and backed him on looks in the paddock. Followed him every run after that and he was just the toughest, most genuine horse you could wish for. Glad that he had a long and happy retirement.

Possibly one of my all time favs. I was there when he won what was the Sun Alliance Novice at Cheltenham and backed him on looks in the paddock. Followed him every run after that and he was just the toughest, most genuine horse you could wish for. Glad that he had a long and happy retirement.

One of mine as well.tough and genuine as you say.

Oh, what an awful weekend it's been, thoughts with the connections of all those lost :(

We planned to go to Musselburgh yesterday and decided not to bother at the last minute - really glad about that as I think it would have been a pretty tough day there

Highland Hunter - collapsed with a heart attack - such a sad day. Especially after leading the funeral procession last week. If you believe in that sort of thing, lets hope he's reunite with Keagan.

Last edited:
Ose Partir sadly a fatality in the Boodles today in that pile up (leg fracture)

Last edited:
Paisley Park - hopefully he has the longest and happiest retirement any horse has ever had. What a superstar [emoji3059]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best news of the season…
03fd34906b578e67e73ba7438a67c671.jpg

Highfield Princess.

R.I.P
What a star she was for John Quinn. One of the most improved horses you could wish for aswell. She was rated just 57 for her first handicap run at Doncaster. There's hope for all horses in training seeing the progress Highfield Princess made.

Last edited:
On a more positive note, I spoke to Kaley Wollacott today because her horse won at the point to point, and mentioned Lalor. She’s so thrilled to have him back and the horse who won today was his bestie from before. The two horses were overjoyed to be reunited this week after being apart and she said they will both live out their days there. Really lovely :<3:

On a more positive note, I spoke to Kaley Wollacott today because her horse won at the point to point, and mentioned Lalor. She’s so thrilled to have him back and the horse who won today was his bestie from before. The two horses were overjoyed to be reunited this week after being apart and she said they will both live out their days there. Really lovely :<3:

[emoji16] kings writ is a lovely chap. You’re doing her a disservice though, didn’t she have a five timer?

Yes although technically they’re trained by partner Josh Newman who also rode three of them to win down at Kilworthy yesterday. They had six over the weekend which wasn’t a bad haul.

Back