Punchestown Festival 2024

I will be very interested to see how Galopin Des Champs gets on later today.

He looked better than ever to me when winning his second Cheltenham Gold Cup, but it's a race that can leave its mark and you only have to look back to last year for possible evidence of this.

He had a harder race last year as he made a few small mistakes and was held up out the back for the first circuit IIRC. Ridden much more prominently this year it seemed to be happening a lot more easily and I thought the race was pretty safe a fair way out (barring accidents of course). He’s also had an extra week I think so I’d expect him to win well today. Not really for me at 4/6 though

Yes I agree. There are obvious dangers, and both are fresher horses that didn't have the hard Gold Cup GDC did. It's exactly the scenario that causes shocks at Punchestown every year. Yes he is the likely winner, but 4/6 is just too short..

Yes I agree. There are obvious dangers, and both are fresher horses that didn't have the hard Gold Cup GDC did. It's exactly the scenario that causes shocks at Punchestown every year. Yes he is the likely winner, but 4/6 is just too short..
Really fancy appreciate it 2 run a big race,and I've chucked the kitchen sink at e.eay at 40,s .

Can't see Fastorslow bet today...GDC had some monster performances this season. This will be one too many and don't think FOS is a million miles off him as betting suggests.

Really fancy appreciate it 2 run a big race,and I've chucked the kitchen sink at e.eay at 40,s .
So you think they have been running him over the wrong trip for the last 5 years.

There's a lot more to this meeting than trying to get the best chaser in training beat

Chances of lightning striking twice the way they yards horses are running must be very slim.

Point and steer job for Paul Townend.

Harsh EW could run a big race in the 2.30

3.05 looks more open that the market suggests I am place laying (2 places) Blizzard of Oz

3.40 Mistergif (Nap)

Another WPM winner Dancing City

Don't think we seen the real Romeo Coolio at Cheltenham
I think he'll reverse the places easily.

Watching the Gold Cup and keeping any money I have left till tomorrow.

So you think they have been running him over the wrong trip for the last 5 years.

There's a lot more to this meeting than trying to get the best chaser in training beat

Chances of lightning striking twice the way they yards horses are running must be very slim.

3.05 looks more open that the market suggests I am place laying (2 places) Blizzard of Oz

3.40 Mistergif (Nap)

Don't think he will win but really fancy him to place,and have also backed hewick e.way.also fancy ballywilliam boy to place in 2.30 at 66,s and embittered in 6.00 embittered.way at 40,s

Don't think he will win but really fancy him to place,and have also backed hewick e.way.also fancy ballywilliam boy to place in 2.30 at 66,s and embittered in 6.00 embittered.way at 40,s
My bets 4 today. 2.30 Park of Kings win.
3.40 East India express.
4.50 William munny ,also had a dabble at 20,s 4 nxt years supreme.
6.00 can't split the goffer and idas boy.
6.35 mozzies sister.

3.40 Mistergif (Nap)

HARSH won12/1 on the exchange.....a winning day now no matter what

Blizzard of Oz unplaced Winning Lay

Mistergif lost 2nd

Dancing City won 7/4

Romeo Coolio as I thought well and truly reversed placing...he just forgot about 5 or 6 others who kicked him into touch........have a good day tomorrow

Last edited:
Well that was closer than it looked like being going to the last and with High Class Hero’s clumsy jump at the last I thought it was all over

Hewick ew for me, small stakes, forthe sake ofan interest.

GDC disappointed here last year after a hard race in the CGCand had a harder race this time. Fastorslow is the obvious alternative but his price is too short for my liking.

As those who used to read me on TRF will know I've always been a Fastorslow fan and he's seldom let me down.

I also think the Cheltenham Gold Cup is a tough race - Gerri Colombe wasn't at his best when scrambling home at Aintree and Galopin Des Champs not at his best here either.

Three nil to the Fastorslow at Punchestown.

Home By The Lee 6.00 Punchestown tomorrow.
Finished 3rd in the stayers hurdle at Cheltenham.
The better ground tomorrow may allow him to reverse the form with Teahupoo who enjoys testing ground.
Looks a solid each way bet at 7/1.

Loved the gold cup today

Brilliant winner and it is a great rivalry they have

Credit to all connections for having them and running them and to the Shark who waved at me when I blew at him around midday today

No doubt like many others I am looking forward to seeing Gaelic Warrior and Teahupoo run today.

Gaelic Warrior will be no price, but he looked exceptional when easily winning the Arkle and the second and third both franked the form at Aintree.

Teahupoo wouldn't be the best winner of the Stayers' Hurdle I ever saw, but he looked a proper decent horse that day and IF he's over a tough race at Cheltenham he's obviously going to be hard to beat.

Last edited:
I did a accie at a decent price Teahupoo worried me out of the four.
I agree it wasn't a great stayers and those races very often get turned on their head.
Gordon Elliott says he the best he's ever had him I pray he's right

Back