The Champion Chase 2010

Boylesport bet on the race at Punchestown -

Big Zeb 5/4
Forpady 11/4
Sizing Europe 4/1
Kalahari King 8/1
Twist Magic 10/1

Master Minded not quoted.

If you ignore his runs at Cheltenham ( all of them ), Twist Magic is a decent price. Though they could send him to Sandown for the race he won last year.

On last year's form you would be right but I think KK is the better horse, and would have hoped he could have beaten FPTP in a similar way that Big Zeb did, but it didn't work out like that.

Based on three head to heads, I don't think FPTP needs to prove he is better than KK. I thought FPTP did really well to finish where he did today and it only upholds the strong formline of the Champion Chase.

Fair points, you were spot on, but disappointing for all (& you I imagine) that KK fell so early.

Fair points, you were spot on, but disappointing for all (& you I imagine) that KK fell so early.

Would you believe the sound was off on the TV in the office and I thought Tartak fell at the second and KK was fourth. Similar colours and from twenty feet, it looked that way. Hope KK is ok. I backed him today and was disappointed but now I know it was Tartak, I've changed my mind obviously. Hope KK is ok.

No nasty report about him, Cantoris, so hopefully none the worse for the splatter. The RP has pulled its reporting together sufficiently to note the three who died today in its analyses, and he ain't among them, thank God. Nice fellow - very likeable horse (although I don't know any of them enough not to like the lot of them!).

Back