The Champion Hurdle 2010

.................but what is the purpose of it, DO?

Not much different to that chap in the bookie's, you know the one, says nothing to you before the race but then slips his slip in front of you as your's is beaten by his by a short-head.:blink:;)

My God there are some petty little people on here.
Whilst I don't have the time to provide solid evidence I am pretty sure that DO is probably the most exposed poster on this forum in terms of putting up his views and assessments prior to races. He does the work and shares his efforts with us and invites discussion. I certainly pay attention to his postings and am pleased when his selections match mine, if they don't I usually recheck my choices.

As a teacher it is understandable that he can't logon as much as those that do not work or have the good fortune to work in the industry.How regular visitors to the forum can have failed to notice this and then crib when he posts about wins and losses he has not be able to post about prior to the event is simply evidence of a small mind. I do not post the pre-race assessments I used to do because I have come out retirement and do not have the opportunity to eiher watch as many races nor analyse them.I therefore appreciate DO's postings.

Sadly there are several others who used to post their worthwhile pre-race assesments who have left this forum precisely because of a small minded minority.
If you can't tell the difference between DO's postings and those of a "look at me I'm clever" poster who may well be lying, you are a pretty poor judge.

Bollocks, the best market price was 11/2; there's nothing worse than aftertimers who've snaffled mythical prices :D

Reminds me of a time I was coming back from York races on the train and I overheard some woman who had been to the races as well and had clearly had a few drinks boring the pants off some stranger about her betting tales, including 12/1 about Best Mate to win his third Gold Cup.

I couldnt give a monkeys about who wins what or loses what. Its boring...

I suppose if someone like Grasshopper blew his brains out having thrown the kichen sink at some deadbeat hurdler....that would be a laugh...but otherwise its like listening to someone telling you how many ways he poked your sister the previous night. You dont want to know....

All I look for is someone posting an angle on a race which I hadnt considered. I like Desert Orchids assesments. Often dont agree but thats not the point

I will always be an after-timer because I make most of my decisions at the paddock, some of which I would not even consider on paper beforehand - should I get a Blackberry?

I will always be an after-timer because I make most of my decisions at the paddock, some of which I would not even consider on paper beforehand - should I get a Blackberry?

No. Get an i-phone instead - Blackberry's are shite.

iPhones are indeed most excellent and I draw your attention to the thread in chit chat where I said this many months ago, in case I am thought to be aftertiming their virtues....

19 entries for the 2m G1 hurdle at Punchestown - looks a fascinating race in prospect even without Binocular .

I must've missed something then as I didn't realise that the whole aftertiming debate was centred on Desert Orchid, more aftertiming in general. As has been said, he spends enough time putting up his own work pre-race.

Thanks. Ive just switched to O2 bill this week. I just use opera mini on a standard phone. No idea how much the net is going to cost me.

Last edited:
I should be safe enough with the mobile friendly sites I use. I was spending over €80 a month on credit with meteor. Madness on my part.

Back