The Champion Hurdle 2010

Story on the Racing Post website:

GO NATIVE has been ruled out of next month's Punchestown festival by trainer Noel Meade, who reports the horse to be "very, very sore".

Go Native was send off the 11-4 favourite for the Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival but trailed in tenth of the 12 runners, beaten 25 lengths by winner Binocular.
However, Meade feels an early mistake and subsequent soreness jeopardised the Docado Syndicate-owned runner's chance.

"He's very, very sore," the trainer told At The Races on Tuesday. "He stretched at the second and was lucky to stand up - he landed on one leg over it.

"He's certainly not going to run again this season and how long it will hold him up I don't know.

"From the time he made the mistake he never travelled. It was very disappointing, but that's how races go."

But Meade was able to deliver some good news on another of his stable stars, reporting that Pandorama has recovered from the injury that ruled him out of Cheltenham.

Pandorama was last seen defeating RSA Chase winner Weapon's Amnesty in the Grade 1 Knight Frank Novice Chase in December and Meade is hoping to have the horse ready for Punchestown.

"He's 100 per cent sound, although he's just gone off tohave a bone scan to make sure there's no more problems," he said.

"We're hoping he's okay and then we might train him with Punchestown in mind."

Only on this forum could someone complain about people who 'whinge' about aftertimers and not those who aftertime (all of the time).

What effect does it have on anyone else? Why should mentioning you've had a decent win (without getting smarmy or rubbing it in others faces) be a hanging offense?

What effect does it have on anyone else? Why should mentioning you've had a decent win (without getting smarmy or rubbing it in others faces) be a hanging offense?

I agree, don't undertsand why some peole get upset when someone announces they have been fortunate enough to land a bet.

It's childish and no-one likes to see posts that are full of bullsh*t.

Last edited:
Because it's childish and no-one likes to see posts that are full of bullsh*t.

Hmmm... as childish as getting wound up about it ?!

by the way, did I ever mention I had backed STS at all prices for the Guineas from when he won the Beresford.......... and Bobbjo to win at Aintree , would have backed Nijinsky to win the triple crown too if I had been born.

I have been accused of after timing but as someone who has been here from the start and who posts selections on a regular basis I don't see the problem.

He had his nuts on Celestial Halo. Ultimately this comes down to the fact you and Luke backed Pigeon Island in the last and after it won the Grand Annual thread was invaded by other people who had backed him. I can understand it being slightly annoying but if i'd had a winner at that price at the Festival i'd be too busy counting the money to care.

If anyone on here backed Pigeon Island because of me I would be genuinely delighted.
There was a story on the Irish Betfair forum about someone who met Daryl Holland at Dublin Airport and asked him for a tip-dazzler gave him a horse running the following week.Man gives tip to everyone in his local bookies.horse wins everyone delighted after having tenners and scores apart from one guy who had three and a half grand on the tip.

In fairness, the after-timing during Cheltenham week was horrendous this year, especially repeated crowing after the event from people who had been posting on here all day long anyway!

In fairness, the after-timing during Cheltenham week was horrendous this year, especially repeated crowing after the event from people who had been posting on here all day long anyway!
I told Lydia Hislop to get stuck into the trifecta up in the World Hurdle; that's aftertiming and name dropping in less than a line. In your faces scumbags!! :lol:

...........but what is the purpose of it, trackside?

I see this place as a usually friendly ´club´where people generally get on. The genuine people on here don´t mind the odd bit of aftertiming as it´s always nice to hear of friends´successes.

I emailed my brother on Saturday to tell him I´d got Penitent (did I mention that?) and Dansili Dancer (at 12/1, which I later had to correct to 14/1) (did I mention that?) and got a reply from him, telling me he´d backed those two nice winners at Newbury (one was 8/1 or 9/1, the other was Ryde Back at 14/1). Two-way aftertiming of the highest order but not a sniff of mischief either way. We´re both pleased for each other.

It would be nice if getting a winner (or two, or three, as I did on the last day of Chelenham - did I mention that?) was received the same way on here.

I´ve just had an idea. I think I´ll limit myself to aftertiming from now on.

Desert Orchid -I have no problem with your postings -you regularly post your opinions here and your Rooster Booster thread was one of the best in the history of the forum where you expressed a very strong opinion for several months.
This isn't the Betfair forum with nomadic contributors and at the end of the day you bring something to the party.

Back