What are you backing Today? Part 2

Very competitive tough racing today. I did take some time to study the 3.12 at Newbury.
I'm a huge fan of William Buick and he rides current fav Arabian Tribe but I thought Mr Hamstead's 5/2first effort was slightly more convincing of the two

Royal Mer5/2 looks like a really nice prospect who could reach the top if he keep going the way he has been.

He's gone up 25lbs since he won in March but the way he won his 3rd race on the trot last week you would have thought the handicapper had dropped him 25lbs

A slight exaggeration but surely will take all the beating today.

Alsakib 1.30Nb
14/1 3pl B365

Agree. I tracked him last year after he was unlucky IR at Goodwood. Progressive and I liked his run at Doha, poorly positioned in race over an inadequate trip. The front two are drifting and rightly so and it wouldn't surprise me if Mujtaba and Chesspiece also play a hand - race of the weekend for me.

Ayr

1.15 I've been sweet on Traprain Law as a work in progress, so I hope he goes and wins well today. In my experience, the more weight or substance I put on a horses chances the less well they seem to perform. I am just hoping this fella proves the exception.

1.50 I'm interested in the support for the Munir/Suede owed runner Ballycoose, who has a bit of form over a shorter distance with the aforementioned Traprain Law and could improve a lot today over the trip.

Newbury

3.15 Racingbreaks Ryder is of interest now after the gelding operation. He did well to win a decent race as a colt. He should only improve now he's had the operation. At 25/1 I can't not stick in the Saturday yankee.

Good luck all today.

Last edited:
****! never saw my beloved Tommy's Oscar was running until he won:mad:

Yeah beat my one aswell.

At least I know I have been beat by a very smart horse in Tommy's. A graded novice chaser he was. Plus all the rest!!

Ballycoose another one who ran well, chinned by the higher rated horse who returned to form today at the top of the handicap.

Racingbreaks Ryder looked to me to be prepping for something else further down the line.

Last edited:
Anything with value, its the only way to win, identify value, that's the difficult bit! Even insiders find it hard so what chance do we have, its hard but it can be done.

Last edited:
Looking For Lynda - Epsom 2.10 5/1 Ew.

Shiroccosmagicbaby - 2.53 Southwell 8/1 Ew

Lermoos Legend - Southwell 2.53 14/1 Ew

Blogged

Back