What are you backing Today? Part 2

dvds2000

Gone But Not Forgotten
As the other thread has over 21000 replies, and it's broken now, time to start a new one :)

Feel free to put your bets for the day in here :)

Colin, when you get a minute will you go back through the 21,000 posts and caculate a P&L and then tabulate outcomes by contributor (sort High to Low) and let me know if anybody knows phuckin anything?

No hurry, lunchtime is fine.

Win 2.10 Eden Du Houx.

Well punted today. Now into fav.

Last edited:
Good luck today

4.05 Down Royal-Goodnightgodbless

Each Way @ 8-1 [Skybet] 4 places

Mentioned before she is a winner waiting to happen

Colin, when you get a minute will you go back through the 21,000 posts and caculate a P&L and then tabulate outcomes by contributor (sort High to Low) and let me know if anybody knows phuckin anything?

+£2.82 in 10 years at level £1 stakes overall :D

Last edited:

Why humiliate yourself?

On The Blind Side looked back to his best last time and is a must bet for me today.

Harry Whittington| has decided to send Torigni for the County at Musselburgh instead of waiting for the Betfair.
It''s more a case of a bird in the hand than him not having a chance at Newbury..simply there is no guarantee Newbury will survive the weather.

I will stick with him today as he ran a cracker last time apparently needing the run........if he were to hack up nothing stopping him going to Newbury as well.

3rd bet another Mr Simon Munir & Mr Isaac Souede import Raf Tavel looks a solid bet

3 singles 3 doubles and a treble...have a good day fuys

As brilliant as Daryl Jacob is he may need a miracle to get BDM home in front today.

Time after time after winning the Betfair he seems to fail to improve on it and he's no youngster anymore.

I am not a fan of Santini but I still reckon today is his day as if nothing else he stays forever

A small bet and a race to watch is my advice

GL,Fist:
How appropriate woud it be, were half-brother Fizzy Feet to bag the Kachy Stakes, in the same colours, at Lingfield, today?
5/1 Hills.

Little Bruce 16-1 in the Edinburgh National at Muss, good e/w shout, La Breuil giving weight all round wont help his chances, Saint Xavier not proven over 3m+ & they cant make up their mind over what head gear to use. Bob Mahler winner last year but not firing so far this season. Dino Boy beat Classic Escape by 15l over same distance at Kelso in December but Classic now 8lb better off so has a chance. but Little Bruce 4th last year off 2lb higher & you can draw a line through the Glenfarclas back in November. 17 days ago a run out in the NHF, blow the cobwebs away maybe & set up for this...

A not-so-wise old man once said, "Et's a faanny owld gyme..."

Last week I put up (and backed) Yala Enki in the Cotswold Chase as a value pop at 14/1. Today in the restaged event I can't see any better than 7/1 and there's only two places going. The two that are missing had no chance on my figures last week and the impact on the new market should have been minimal. Much as I like Yala Enki I can't back him at that price today but I wouldn't mind seeing a nice run from Saint Calvados to enhance the look of my 66/1 punt on him for the Gold Cup.

Last chance today for Le Breuil to get in the National, Desert?

Btw, in case you didn’t notice a horse you mentioned on the In Running thread is running today at 40/1 Castletown 12:57 Mus.

Last edited:
Last chance today for Le Breuil to get in the National, Desert?

Btw, in case you didn’t notice a horse you mentioned on the In Running thread is running today at 40/1 Castletown 12:57 Mus.

Yes, and I backed him at 4/1 in anticipation of an SP of less than 2/1. He needs to win today and win well enough to go up at least 5lbs ahead of the weights coming out in about ten days' time. If he doesn't win they can kiss the arse of his National hopes goodbye.

Castletown wasn't mine, I don't think. I don't know anything about an 'In Running' thread :)

Yes, and I backed him at 4/1 in anticipation of an SP of less than 2/1. He needs to win today and win well enough to go up at least 5lbs ahead of the weights coming out in about ten days' time. If he doesn't win they can kiss the arse of his National hopes goodbye.

Castletown wasn't mine, I don't think. I don't know anything about an 'In Running' thread :)

Noted In Running

Thanks
Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,266 Posts
That race just finished at Kelso...

Castletown was never asked a question at any stage despite never being far off the pace. There's another meeting at Kelso just before the new year. That's probably the target but he carries a health & wealth warning: he's never won a race.

Last edited:
Ah... that's the 'Noted...' thread. :lol:

(I don't bet in running and thought it was a completely different thread!)

I need to put some sickness insurance on it now!

Edit - just had another look at the race. It's a non-handicap and he's rated 40lbs behind the top one. No realistic chance barring mishaps to others. I might hold off for 100/1.

Last edited:
Ah... that's the 'Noted...' thread. :lol:

(I don't bet in running and thought it was a completely different thread!)

I need to put some sickness insurance on it now!

Edit - just had another look at the race. It's a non-handicap and he's rated 40lbs behind the top one. No realistic chance barring mishaps to others. I might hold off for 100/1.

Aye, that’s what I thought - just pulling your leg really.:)

Back