What are you watching

Anyone who missed Rubicon, a nice twisty little thriller set in the American Intelligence world, can catch re-runs starting tonight at 11.20 pm on Beeb Two. This is unsplashy, pared-down stuff with - like the Scandi offerings IS has mentioned - a restrained, almost washed-out, colour palette. CSI Miami it ain't! I enjoyed it very much for its lack of overheated 'action'.

I saw the first part of the John Adams mini-series on Sky the other night. Admittedly I'm a sucker for this sort of thing, and it will probably be too slow for some, but I thought it looked pretty promising.

I saw the first part of the John Adams mini-series on Sky the other night. Admittedly I'm a sucker for this sort of thing, and it will probably be too slow for some, but I thought it looked pretty promising.

This is brilliant - stick with it. Originally shown on BBC2 I think but it clashed with something and I didn't get to see all of it unfortunately.

Have just escaped from the nephews and nieces, for whom I (very mistakenly) bought Puss N Boots (the fairytale, not a pervy version). DIRE. Absolutely bloody awful. That's one for the charity shop.

Have just escaped from the nephews and nieces, for whom I (very mistakenly) bought Puss N Boots (the fairytale, not a pervy version). DIRE. Absolutely bloody awful. That's one for the charity shop.

Went to see it with my 7 year old daughter on the first day of the Christmas holidays.I laughed the most,laughed the loudest and laughed when no one else was laughing.

Would you like the DVD, Luke? Going free to a good home.

The kids were a bit freaked by the Tim Burtonesque characters at first, but they were intrigued and did like the ending. I'm afraid I didn't get that far and succumbed to the call of the current bedtime book.

Last edited:
Boss is excellent, not sure when its being shown over here, a slight knowledge of Chicago politics would be an advantage though (but not essential).
Homeland is very good, as is Person's of Interest.

so did anyone take the plunge and start watching Breaking Bad? What did you think of it if you did? Personally I think its excellent, and don't think I've seen any bad comments about it anywhere, which considering some of the forums I go on, is pretty amazing!

Rewatched Band of Brothers over the past fortnight. Absolutely brilliant. Now ready for war next week.

The second season of BRAQUO starts on FX tonight and is repeated later this week. A gritty French series that outshields the Shield. The first season involved the team avenging a dead cop. The second starts with the leader in gaol and the rest demoted or fired.

I'm addicted, the fallible team have almost no boundaries and undercover cops are as scruffy, smelly and sweaty as the villians with whom they mix.

Season 5?

I recently purchased Season 4 but haven't watched yet.

It's a quality show but not as good as Game of Thrones or Mad Men for me.

Haven't seen Mad Men as of yet, I have too closed a mind for Game of Thrones.

Yes Season 5 it is. Its finishing like the sopranos. 2 series shot in one series
6th will be its last

You are in for a real treat with Season 4 Euro. I loved it

My sister in law gave me The Wire boxset as a birthday present in March.Halfway through season 6 at the moment-have really enjoyed it and wil be sorry when I finish it in the next week or so.

My sister in law gave me The Wire boxset as a birthday present in March.Halfway through season 6 at the moment-have really enjoyed it and wil be sorry when I finish it in the next week or so.

It's class. Omar comin....

Back