Wordle

My mum and auntie play this every day. Mum assures me her longest winning streak is 103 but I can't seem to attach the evidence. :)

It's entirely possible. I definitely had a 30 and a 19 split by a day that I missed and the ones that beat me have only been ones with very common combinations of letters that any number of consonants (usually) could fit. Sometimes it's a matter of luck picking the right letter within the five goes allowed.

This time last year I was obsessive about it.I think my longest streak was 78 -I actually did it a few hours after brain surgery.Anyway when I was in hospital last summer I was closing in on the record and forgot to do it one day.The streak was broken and that was it for me -I packed it in on the grounds that it actually causing me a small amount of stress.
On a related issue I was waiting to be admitted to hospital on the Friday of Royal Ascot -I fancied Shaquille lights out for the sprint but couldn't get on.I was absolutely raging when he won.At the time I was leaking clear spinal fluid which meant I was incredibly vulnerable to meningitis.I had a couple of months of hospital food to help me work on my sense of perspective.

Yes, I don't have an addictive nature but it did bug me if I got going on a streak which was then interrupted by forgetting to do it one day.

I also do Times cryptic crosswords and Sudoku to take my mind other stuff but I imagine a serious medical situation would certainly put things into proper perspective.

Hope you're fully over it all, Luke.

My current wife and I begin the day with Wordle. We had a streak of over a hundred broken last month when we took our eye off the ball during long haul travel to Thailand and missed a day inadvertantly. I haven't been as desolute since Rooster Booster won the Champion Hurdle.

Yes, I don't have an addictive nature but it did bug me if I got going on a streak which was then interrupted by forgetting to do it one day.

I also do Times cryptic crosswords and Sudoku to take my mind other stuff but I imagine a serious medical situation would certainly put things into proper perspective.

Hope you're fully over it all, Luke.

Brain surgery yes.Shaquille -getting there slowly.

Alas, the run came to an end today after 95 successful solutions. Just one of those where, with three letters in the correct places, the other permutations were so many that the odds were always against me.

Back