Wordle

My mum and auntie play this every day. Mum assures me her longest winning streak is 103 but I can't seem to attach the evidence. :)

It's entirely possible. I definitely had a 30 and a 19 split by a day that I missed and the ones that beat me have only been ones with very common combinations of letters that any number of consonants (usually) could fit. Sometimes it's a matter of luck picking the right letter within the five goes allowed.

This time last year I was obsessive about it.I think my longest streak was 78 -I actually did it a few hours after brain surgery.Anyway when I was in hospital last summer I was closing in on the record and forgot to do it one day.The streak was broken and that was it for me -I packed it in on the grounds that it actually causing me a small amount of stress.
On a related issue I was waiting to be admitted to hospital on the Friday of Royal Ascot -I fancied Shaquille lights out for the sprint but couldn't get on.I was absolutely raging when he won.At the time I was leaking clear spinal fluid which meant I was incredibly vulnerable to meningitis.I had a couple of months of hospital food to help me work on my sense of perspective.

Yes, I don't have an addictive nature but it did bug me if I got going on a streak which was then interrupted by forgetting to do it one day.

I also do Times cryptic crosswords and Sudoku to take my mind other stuff but I imagine a serious medical situation would certainly put things into proper perspective.

Hope you're fully over it all, Luke.

My current wife and I begin the day with Wordle. We had a streak of over a hundred broken last month when we took our eye off the ball during long haul travel to Thailand and missed a day inadvertantly. I haven't been as desolute since Rooster Booster won the Champion Hurdle.

Yes, I don't have an addictive nature but it did bug me if I got going on a streak which was then interrupted by forgetting to do it one day.

I also do Times cryptic crosswords and Sudoku to take my mind other stuff but I imagine a serious medical situation would certainly put things into proper perspective.

Hope you're fully over it all, Luke.

Brain surgery yes.Shaquille -getting there slowly.

Back