If Carlsberg did bookmakers.......

Add Oddschecker to the list of muppets as well would you please.
Apparently i have used up my quota for looking for a price on one today.
They allow you to view a certain amount of races and then want to charge you £9.99 a month.
Cant see many falling for that one.
I use oddschecker and then when ive used up my allowed races i go on atr.
As for Skybet the less said the better.
I was restricted after winning about £400 over a period of a year.
Hardly a kings ransom.
It bugs me when i see their tv ads🤡

You obviously very wisely swerve all the news and gossip on social media - 99% of which is inaccurate toxic nonsense.

I check in to FB a couple of times a day for messages but that's about it. I'm not on any other social media, unless this forum falls into the category.

I check in to FB a couple of times a day for messages but that's about it. I'm not on any other social media, unless this forum falls into the category.
I dont do social media.
I prefer to make my own mind up about most things and not to be influenced by others options.
Each to their own.
This is the only place i give my opinions and if youve seen some of the tips ive posted youll know Im a guesser and not a very good one😂

I dont do social media.
I prefer to make my own mind up about most things and not to be influenced by others options.
Each to their own.
This is the only place i give my opinions and if youve seen some of the tips ive posted youll know Im a guesser and not a very good one😂
Unsocial media i call it. I only used twitter but deactivated my account a few months ago. It was getting over-run by "experts" :LOL:

We are all guessers mate. Each and every one of us. And anybody who thinks he's not a guesser or above a guesser is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I guessed at a few at Hexham tomorrow night on what is quite a decent card with some very open races. I did five races in total but have only had one bet.
For what its worth, and i do think there will be money around for this horse tomorrow, my bet is West Lawn in the Hexham 7.28 race.

And Cartmel's card on Saturday looks as though it could be a minefield although we obviously wont know for certain until the decs come in on Thursday. A lot of the usual suspects are there and there are two entries from a certain W.P.Mullins. He also has the same two horses entered at Fontwell on Sunday.

Thats all from me today. Have a good night all and happy punting tomorrow.

Unsocial media i call it. I only used twitter but deactivated my account a few months ago. It was getting over-run by "experts" :LOL:

We are all guessers mate. Each and every one of us. And anybody who thinks he's not a guesser or above a guesser is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I guessed at a few at Hexham tomorrow night on what is quite a decent card with some very open races. I did five races in total but have only had one bet.
For what its worth, and i do think there will be money around for this horse tomorrow, my bet is West Lawn in the Hexham 7.28 race.

And Cartmel's card on Saturday looks as though it could be a minefield although we obviously wont know for certain until the decs come in on Thursday. A lot of the usual suspects are there and there are two entries from a certain W.P.Mullins. He also has the same two horses entered at Fontwell on Sunday.

Thats all from me today. Have a good night all and happy punting tomorrow.
Best of luck with West Lawn.
Ive had a few quid on.
Hope i dont jinx you my luck lately has been awful.
Thanks for sharing 👍.

Best of luck with West Lawn.
Ive had a few quid on.
Hope i dont jinx you my luck lately has been awful.
Thanks for sharing 👍.
Good luck mate, fingers crossed. I very rarely go under 8/1 but the 15/2 was a couple of points bigger than i had put it in at so i had to take up their kind offer.

As for Oddschecker, they can go and swivel now. I tried this morning to see if i could get on but i still got the same "no go" message so i have now deleted them from my favourites bar and wiped them off my phone. The ATR grids are just as good, if not better, and there is always Irishracing.com.
I'm certain that this is not what Oddschecker expected or wanted to happen but there must be plenty of people who have just kicked them into touch.

Ah well, like i always say. Gordon Gekko was wrong, greed ISN'T good !

You haven’t checked enough in a day to reach the limit then mate.
Thats where the individuals own personal usage comes into play. For those who just look at the prices when putting their bets on and only look once or twice a day, there shouldnt be a problem. But for someone like myself, and many others like me, i am checking in from around 2.00 and at regular intervals after that so i can view those prices more or less as they are published. As soon as i see them i know if i am having a bet or not and i want to be one of the first ones in. But there are times when i check in about 10 or 12 times before the prices are published. Thats why i have been kicked out from time to time.
And another factor regarding usage is obviously how often each person bets. Counting todays, this is only my third bet this month so i wouldnt get much value for my tenner a month. That said, i still wouldnt pay it even if i bet every day. I've been looking at ATR's betting grids this morning and they are fine by me.
Farewell Oddschecker !

Good luck mate, fingers crossed. I very rarely go under 8/1 but the 15/2 was a couple of points bigger than i had put it in at so i had to take up their kind offer.

As for Oddschecker, they can go and swivel now. I tried this morning to see if i could get on but i still got the same "no go" message so i have now deleted them from my favourites bar and wiped them off my phone. The ATR grids are just as good, if not better, and there is always Irishracing.com.
I'm certain that this is not what Oddschecker expected or wanted to happen but there must be plenty of people who have just kicked them into touch.

Ah well, like i always say. Gordon Gekko was wrong, greed ISN'T good !
I managed to get oddsboost to 8.12/1 with William Hill but could only get a fiver each way at that price and a tenner win at 7/1
Fingers crossed for later🤞

Oddschecker can be viewed as much as you like, just open in incognito mode whenever you hit the limit.

Oddschecker can be viewed as much as you like, just open in incognito mode whenever you hit the limit.
"Incognito mode" ? Do you mean wear my overcoat with the collar up and wear some dark glasses and try and blend in ??? And try not to speak until spoken to ???

Bear in mind that if i've not got my head buried in the form i am either gardening, cooking, cleaning or acting as a chauffeur. Commonly known as an old fart.

"Incognito mode"

p.s. Thank you mate :)

Neither do I - been browsing it for years, but never joined it and wasn't even particularly aware there was any sort of sign-up facility!

Maybe this is a step towards denying guest viewing access - if they do, I reckons hits on their pages will fall off the edge of a cliff, giving bookies even less reason to want to pay to advertise their odds there.

No one is going to pay for a mere price comparison facility - I'd rather do the leg work and visit the various sites (well, those I can still organise getting some sort of bet on with!)

I never log in to oddschecker.
I dont either mate. Never have done, never will do. Never been a "member" if such a thing exists.
Thee is nothing today for me so i didnt really have to check in on the ATR site yesterday but i did so about dozen times and it is more or less the same as Oddschecker so i will just use ATR from now on.

Neither do I - been browsing it for years, but never joined it and wasn't even particularly aware there was any sort of sign-up facility!

Maybe this is a step towards denying guest viewing access - if they do, I reckons hits on their pages will fall off the edge of a cliff, giving bookies even less reason to want to pay to advertise their odds there.

No one is going to pay for a mere price comparison facility - I'd rather do the leg work and visit the various sites (well, those I can still organise getting some sort of bet on with!)
Apparently, for your tenner a month you get -
Unlimited grids - ??? Hasnt it been the usual suspects to the left hand side and the Mickey Mouse firms that nobody should touch with a bargepole to the centre and right.

Unlimited tips - :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I'd rather have my testicles sliced and sauteed than listen to ANYONE giving "tips".

Extra Tools - ???? No idea, but i've got a garage full so i dont need any more

Reduced ads - I dont look at 'em.

Early access - ???? No idea.

Extra Insight - As above.

O/C insiders - As above and above that :LOL:

So in a nutshell, a load of bollocks !!!!!!!

The whole Oddschecker business model has always had one fundamental flaw - bookmakers don't want punters who shop around so have never been keen to pay to be on there and price sensitive punters who shop around would knock your granny over to get 5/2 and a 9/4 shot, are tight as the proverbial with money and wouldn't be seen dead paying to find out what the collective betting show is and couldn't care less what some "tipster" thinks.

No bookmaker and no serious punter wants to pay and the recreational punters just bet with whoever they've been seduced by the initial marketing into having their losing account with.

I reckon this is a sign Oddschecker's days are numbered tbh, but that wouldn't be any great loss.

The whole Oddschecker business model has always had one fundamental flaw - bookmakers don't want punters who shop around so have never been keen to pay to be on there and price sensitive punters who shop around would knock your granny over to get 5/2 and a 9/4 shot, are tight as the proverbial with money and wouldn't be seen dead paying to find out what the collective betting show is and couldn't care less what some "tipster" thinks.

No bookmaker and no serious punter wants to pay and the recreational punters just bet with whoever they've been seduced by the initial marketing into having their losing account with.

I reckon this is a sign Oddschecker's days are numbered tbh, but that wouldn't be any great loss.
Ladbrokes decided for a few years that they didn’t need to be on Oddschecker but they and stablemate Coral are back on it nowadays.

Back