Flatties to follow 2024

I'm finding it tough to trust a flat horse to follow
I just don't understand why flat jockeys have shit for brains.

Not the top ones but the middle of the road brigade

Time after time they get on a well fancied runner and it's like suddenly they think they are racings answer to Lester Piggot.

Why they can't get it into their thick head holding a horse up in last place is bordering on stupidity.

Tommy Stack was brilliant at holding up horses in the lead and you would seldom see him miles behind.

Kempton is a classic where flat jockey all wait until the cut off and shoot up the inside and end up not getting there

They should take a look at the percentage of those that try it only 10 to 15% actually win but they still keep doing it.

Rant over have one to follow barjon but not telling you because you'll tell everyone :D :D :D

A couple of first timers to keep an eye on from Leopardstown tonight:

Delacroix, green as grass but finished nicely into second behind the winner who’d already had the benefit of a run

Proxima Centauri, out of Alpha Centauri, again quite green in a big field, wasn’t knocked around on debut to finish fifth...should improve for the run and looked a nice type beforehand.

Result: WON 11/8f - GREEN IMPACT came on from a fine debut in a hot Curragh maiden to land a race that should produce plenty of winners. Getting a good position early and getting a nice tow, he picked up well and he kept it up to the line. A big, imposing son of Wootton Bassett, he has plenty of scope and one can see him really coming into his own next year.RP

Add Dreamy to the roster from yesterday. Walking around the paddock, she was exactly that and half asleep. A scopes sort, she ran quite green until Ryan got stuck in but I expect her to come on a tonne from that. Probably a Group filly and regally bred by American Pharoah out of Tapestry. Another I like in the same race was African Leopard and she looks a sure winner next time.

Tomorrow:

Race:British Stallion Studs Ebf Novice Stakes (GBB Race)
Your comment:#108
timeform
Twice-raced winner. Winner over 5f at Beverley in June. Clear second of 9 in novice event over the same C&D (good to firm, 13/8) 35 days ago, no match for winner. Leading claims.
star
star
star
star
[td][/td]​
[/td]

Just a little Class4 novice stakes at Yarmouth and a debut run for Anna Swan who strolled along to win very easily by over five lengths. Really impressive and I reckon we’ll hear a lot more from her.

Saturday’s results:

Delacroix - WON 2/5F - looked a nice prospect when runner-up on his debut at Leopardstown and looks even more so now. He got very upset in the stalls, and that may have had an effect in the race too as he was a bit lit up early on but, once he settled, Ryan Moore was able to dictate and the son of Dubawi picked up to good effect. He is clearly a nice colt and his best days are very much ahead of him.RP

Frankelian - 2nd 100/30 - had something to find at the weights with the winner but she had the run of the race and ran creditably. She'll likely stay further.RP

Koy Koy - Last/9 - In touch with leaders, weakened from under 2f out (prior to race, trainer's rep was asked to explain why gelding was running today on going described as good to firm having reported that gelding would prefer slower than good to firm following his run at Ascot on 20 June 2024; he said that having walked the course he felt that there was more ease in the ground on this occasion and was prepared to allow gelding to run) (op 9/1 tchd 11/1).RP

We missed ANCIENT ROME who ran a mighty fine race to finish third in the Arlington Million last night. Bang goes my theory of a nice price back at Goodwood though....
That said it confirms my opinion of him.

Tomorrow

Race:Sky Bet Ebor Handicap (Heritage Handicap)
Your comment:#153
timeform
Made a winning return in the mud at Ripon in April and having found the Duke of Edinburgh too much, he scored again at Ayr (13f) in first-time blinkers last month. Ran at least as well in defeat despite not being seen to best effect when third at Ripon 5 weeks ago and he remains of interest.
star
star
star
star
[td][/td]​
[/td]

Back