Flatties to follow 2024

Desert Flower is a very nice filly and won the May Hill well today, possibly better than the visual effect. She’s a big, scopey filly who will only improve next year. She was a little light behind the saddle and dull in her coat so I’d upgrade this run. January too comes out of the race with credit too.

Think Mountain Bear should go in next time. Dropped way out the back, he ran on well to snatch third behind more fancied stablemate Diego Velasquez.

Tomorrow:

Race:Download The Racecourse App Raceday Ready Novice Stakes (GBB Race)
Your comment:#195
timeform
Promising sort who clearly dervied plenty from his debut when second of 9 in maiden at Chelmsford City (8f, 9/1) 32 days ago. Likely to improve again.
star
star
star
star

I'm a part owner in Breathless Spirit (a very small part owner). fwiw here's the mail update sent yesterday...

Best of luck to Breathless Spirit in the 3rd race at Windsor, a mile race marking his first appearance on the turf. After his strong second-place finish at Chelmsford last month, the son of Invincible Spirit has been progressing both mentally and physically according to trainer Harry Eustace. Harry is confident that Breathless Spirit will handle the good to soft ground and the mile distance well. Listed as the morning-line third choice with odds of around 11-2, the gelding will break from post 6 under jockey George Wood, who has been riding him every morning. The top threat in this race will likely be #4 Noisy Jazz, who impressed with a 5-length victory at Newmarket and finished sixth in a listed stakes at York. #5 Run Away, a €2.6 million yearling purchase, could also be a major contender with an easier competition today, despite a disappointing second race.

Three recent eye catchers:
Frankelian. Beckett 3yo filly who will improve for trips in excess of 10f

Native King. Won at Chester last week in eye catching fashion.

Moyola. Impressive at Hamilton last week in a time that compared well with the same race for older horses later in the card. He's only gone up 6lbs should have been more and is entered up at Ripon this evening but I think the g/f was the key at Hamilton and it's soft at the Yorkshire track. Won't back, hope he runs moderate.
Moyola is entered up in the Bronze Cup on Friday and the weather forecast looks decent. He's had two moderate runs since I put him on my tracker but both were on softish ground and I didn't get involved. If we can get something approaching g/f on Friday could be a decent bet. Would think the price will be nice.

Back