What are you backing Today? Part 2

My summary of the race, written yesterday afternoon:

I’m a wee bit surprised that Auguste Rodin isn’t favourite and 3/1 looks generous. Economics does look like the profile horse, though, but not betting material for me at 7/4. Shin Emperor was third in the Japanese Derby and is entered for the Arc but needs to improve. I backed Royal Rhyme last time in the farcical race at York that was very slowly run and developed into a sprint handicap. He was outspeeded there and this is stronger opposition so I can’t see him bridging the gap in the ratings. A small win bet on Auguste Rodin will do me.

Just realised I forgot to back AR. That's almost like a win :)

I like Great Generation in the Sceptre. I thought her run at York over 6 was really interesting - she's a 7 furlong filly optimally and got outpaced there but the jockey imo made his bid a bit too early. I actually have three trackers in this race...Elim, Queen of the Mougins and Topanga but they were all with handicaps in mind. The latter won a Haydock handicap three starts back (forms worked out incredible) but Balding ruined her mark taking her to Germany.

Over in France I've dutched Servie and Aventure in the Vermeille. Both are proven at 12f and I don't like the top of the market. I think Bluestocking is better over shorter and has been busy this season plus cheek pieces are on today...has she ever worn them before? Opera Singer and Sparkling Plenty are questionable stayers (the former was just holding on in the Nassau and the latter is a Kingman filly, not what you want on softish conditions over 12.) Servie and Aventure have won at Stakes level recently and both ran well in the Diane. I'm running bad at the moment, had a bad time of it since the Ebor meeting and it would just cap it all if Emily Upjohn won this, I've totally discounted her, horrible mare nowadays.

I've taken 5/2 Believing in the Flying Five. I thought she was a bit unlucky in the Nunthorpe (slightly slow to start and racing away from the bias) and this track might help her a bit more. I'm kind of relying on Moore having learned a lot about her in that run.

I like Great Generation in the Sceptre. I thought her run at York over 6 was really interesting - she's a 7 furlong filly optimally and got outpaced there but the jockey imo made his bid a bit too early. I actually have three trackers in this race...Elim, Queen of the Mougins and Topanga but they were all with handicaps in mind. The latter won a Haydock handicap three starts back (forms worked out incredible) but Balding ruined her mark taking her to Germany.
Great shout with GG,Euro.:thumbsup:

I've taken 5/2 Believing in the Flying Five. I thought she was a bit unlucky in the Nunthorpe (slightly slow to start and racing away from the bias) and this track might help her a bit more. I'm kind of relying on Moore having learned a lot about her in that run.

Same situation, same result. Bradsell's side must have been five lengths clear at one point and Believing never got a chance on the wrong side but still managed to get second.

Irish St Leger - I've taken Giavellotto (5/2) to beat Kyprios. I just think he might have a slight edge from a pace point of view since he has good winning form at 12f and stays this trip well enough. I can see Moore trying to run the finish out of Giavellotto and if he does then fair enough the better horse will have won but there's nothing between them on the figures.

Back