1.30 Southwell

Flame

At the Start
If I was Dean McKeown I would rip up his appeal form and bang it in the bin.

After that ride there he wants banning for life, one of the worse non triers I've seen in a long time.

4s - 16s on track and never in race and no effort, makes you sick, pitty there aint someone on track to knock the living daylights out the cheating piece of scum.

Happens all the time - not always as obvious with the drift but out the back and never in the race or covered up and dropped back or held up and stayed there.

Far too many jockeys and trainers are allowed to get away with it and they plough out the same "we're not a gambling stable" line if it's backed and wins by 5 lengths in a handicap a few starts later.

Pack your bags Deano - there's room at Philadelphia Park for you.

Paul Struthers just confirmed on ATR that McKeown's licence has been withdrawn with immediate effect.

That's pretty much unprecedented, isn't it? Silly little git - did he really think he'd get away with such things, especially now?!

As Chris says, he's pretty much hammered the final nail in the coffin of any appeal bid there.

Can we get a link of the race?

I must admit to being slightly relieved given the tone of Chris's opening post and the current circumstances surrounding the said individual. Thankfully the stewards have vindicated Chris:)

Just seen the rerun & I'm speechless, I can't believe someone especially him could be that stupid,
Apparently they had a special camera on him (ISO)(SP) as racetech were told before hand to (betting iggs) isolate him on camera all the way through the race

Just seen the rerun & I'm speechless, I can't believe someone especially him could be that stupid,
Apparently they had a special camera on him (ISO)(SP) as racetech were told before hand to (betting iggs) isolate him on camera all the way through the race

Mad stuff isn't it..the guy deserves the boot now and whatever else comes his way.

The Sporting lIfe are a little bit more charitable. Will be interested to see if they revise their race readers comments;

"slowly into stride, keen in rear, headway approaching 2f out, shaken up approaching final furlong, not trouble leaders opened 4/1"

Am I the only one to see the irony in the horses name?

Just seen it now, and agree with the idea that he did not give a crap about it today and did it for the feck of it. Waste of space and good ridence.

This sorry episode says little good about Richard Whitaker and the owner of the horse in question.

McKeown is a true low-life, and the mind boggles how they can charge Fallon with circumstantial evidence (i have no interest whether he was innocent or not) and with glaringly obvious evidence such as today and plenty other races, nothing is instigated against McKeown - why?

I do believe the police will take action on McKeown, theres alot of dodgy circles linking him to warned off people apparantly.

Hopefully the gendarmes at the local asylum will also 'take action' against those muppets daft enough to have backed any of McKeown's mounts, whilst he waits for his exclusion to commence.

Being "warned off" is a racing offense though not a criminal one. Can't see the police taking any action unless they can prove he's defrauded someone somewhere along the lines.

I believe that to be true Martin, and I doubt very much that the police have got too much of an appetite for involving themselves in another racing prosecution. I think I'm right in suggesting that Chris (and others) would have to report the incident to the police by way of a crime having been committed to defraud him (I stand to be corrected though?)

Am I the only one to see the irony in the horses name?

No Warbler, 'Rascal in the Mix' eh? I'm sure there will be worse names called:p

What I find quite annoying about this whole episode is that quite a few people seemed to 'know' about his antics but it was not publicly known until the court case & a lot of those people who were not in the 'know' would still have backed McKeown thinking he was trying his hardest which he evidently wasn't.

Very much my own thoughts Grass - how could you 'ever' be sure he was on your side?
I can't imagine why anyone would employ him - or trust him either way - to ride their horse

Back