1 Horse for 2011

I liked the look of Notable Graduate, who made his introduction at Leopardstown in October, was beaten by an experienced then two year old rated 102. He wasn't knocked about by PJ Smullen, he is a half brother to Refuse to Bend out of Galileo, there was something really likeable about his attitude that day and looks like he could be decent.

JohnJ

Quioto de la Rocque - more to come

Quito de la Roque would have won that race if the pace had been a little bit stronger or if the jockey had got at him a little bit sooner.

For a half brother to Kazal, his jumping was pretty good in the main, although he did make a mistake at a crucial point down the far side on the second circuit.

I assume that he will not be asked to go for the RSA but he can certainly win a major prize this season. If the ground remained on the soft side, he could be an Irish National candidate, but with the race taking place this year in late April, the chances of cut in the ground is a lot less than would normally be the case.

I assume that he will not be asked to go for the RSA

Might be just the race for him.

Russell asked him for a big one at the first down the back and he didn't come up for him. Sat at the next few and jumped better. Bit like Geraghty and Zeb last year.

You're right, the slow pace did not suit at all and he is a relentless galloper who will improve when they make more use of him. The RSA could be the race for him if the ground is not too quick but who knows what the ground will be like come March.....other than it is likely to be faster rather than slower.

I am sure there is more to come from him - but he is the one horse you are looking forward to most above all this year?

I am sure there is more to come from him - but he is the one horse you are looking forward to most above all this year?

You put up Hurricane Fly.......hardly inspiring :lol:

I didn't want to put up Big Zeb or Raise The Beat :)

You put up Hurricane Fly.......hardly inspiring :lol:

I didn't want to put up Big Zeb or Raise The Beat :)

I would understand Big Zeb or Raise The Beat! It wasn't a dark horse that was suggested - just one horse above all that you are looking forward to seeing!

Quito needs around 4 miles. He could win a big race in Ireland in heavy and that is what I would be aiming for with him. He'd finish tailed off in the RSA.

It wasn't a dark horse that was suggested - just one horse above all that you are looking forward to seeing!

I am looking froward to seeing Quito win a grade 1 before running well in the heavy ground 3m races next season.

The ones that finish tailed off in the RSA are the poor jumpers and non-stayers. If Russell rides it like he did at Leopardstown could see him running a place at a big price a la the Harrington horse that was placed v Cooldine whose name escapes me.

Quito did win his point on good ground. If he can lie up with the early pace in the RSA, then that pace will be perfect for him in the last mile when they are stopping in front.

Does he not strike you as in the Pandorama mould (not saying he would be as good in soft/heavy but the point would be the same)? I could well be wrong.:)

I thought the race the last day was a poor race, and whilst he could be the one from it, he wouldn't be the type I'd have in mind to do anything in the RSA. That's not saying he couldn't carve out a nice niche for himself though.

Does he not strike you as in the Pandorama mould (not saying he would be as good in soft/heavy but the point would be the same)? I could well be wrong.:)

I'm not one to tell you you're wrong :whistle:

But you could be right with your comparison to Pandorama. We won't know until we find out.

I've got one eye on late 2011 to be honest, and hopefully Silviniaco Conti going over fences next season.

For the rest of this season, it's Kauto while we've still got him, and in case they do retire him.

Back