1000 Guineas

I would think the official handicapper will rate her around that alright, based on Rainbow View's 114 and Lahaleeb's 112. He's catching up with DO :D

To be fair it was difficult to get a handle on the 1000 until the form could be franked. I didn't consider backing Ghanatti for that very reason. Prior to today the difference between the 2000 and 1000 was huge.

Ghanaati up to 119 on official figures for her Coronation Stakes win. With her 3lb fillies' allowance, that effectively makes her the equal of Mastercraftsman (122 for the St James's Palace) in race conditions.

How would you price up a race between them though? I'd imagine Mastercraftsman would be a big favourite.

A mile, simply because I've got burnt backing horses over trips they haven't run over too much this season!

Yet another support to the fact that STS is just awesome - a supposedly brilliant filly blown away by RVW and Paco at Goodwood .

Ghanaati ran against R Hills's wishes at Goodwood. She was below her best but not by too much. However, it may have done her more damage than good.

Well he certainly deserves his fame and glory !

Twice Over added yet another G1 win by a horse thrashed by STS .

Back