2 Year olds 2009

You were saying Hamm, Vale Of York not top class, now a grade 1 winner , ahhh shush I think is appropriate !!!

Quality horse

Sorry Hamm didn't see the comment on the Breeders Cup section, so apologies, nice to see VOY finally nail his Group 1, and hopefully the Kentucky Derby beckons.

Final Group 1 on Sunday at Longchamp -

Lavali Al Andalus
Gardening Leave
Don Carlos
Joshua Tree
Passion For Gold
Simon De Montfort
Banyan Tree
Mikhail Glinka
Philander
Kaage
Zazou
Zagora

I personally don't see Jamie Spencer as a negative myself, it's not as if they have put a nobody on it, is it ?

Either I've failed to see your sarcasm through a lack of symbols, or this contradicts oh so many of your negative threads about him before.

Either I've failed to see your sarcasm through a lack of symbols, or this contradicts oh so many of your negative threads about him before.

No I don't rate the bloke don't get me wrong, but what I mean is you wouldn't technically book Spencer to ride a horse on the all weather if it was believed to be no good as such, I mean't I wouldn't look at the booking as a negative, Myself I wouldn't let him ride my bike.

Barq ain't your average all weather maiden runner on Friday.

It is unusual to see pacemakers used at Wolverhampton, I grant you! :)

On a more serious note, is it considered superior to the winner? The winner was back from around 7/4 last night into odds-on, although there was late support for Barq after being uneasy through the day.

In time Barq will be the better horse. He is a big baby. This time next year I assure you that you will look back on this race and try and work out how he didn't win it. The winner won it easily but he has been fit for some time and there will not be much improvement from him.

Do Coolmore usually switch the racing colours and ownership from two years to three years as much as they appear to have done this year? St Nicholas Abbey has switched from Derrick Smiths's colours to the navy silks of Sue Magnier. Beethoven has switched from Tabor's colours to the navy silks. Joshua Tree has switched from Smith's colours to Tabor's colours and there are several other changes. St. Nicholas Abbey, Steinbeck, Cape Blanco and Beethoven now all run in the navy silks, with Sue Magnier as the single owner.
With a couple of notable exceptions, the best colt each year has tended to carry the navy silks (Giant's Causeway, Galileo, Hawk Wing, Oratorio, George Washington, Horatio Nelson, Dylan Thomas, Holy Roman Emperor, Duke of Maramalade, Henrythenavigator, Rip Van Winkle), so I wonder is there any significance in the change in ownership and switch to the navy silks for St Nicholas Abbey and Beethoven?

Do Coolmore usually switch the racing colours and ownership from two years to three years as much as they appear to have done this year? St Nicholas Abbey has switched from Derrick Smiths's colours to the navy silks of Sue Magnier. Beethoven has switched from Tabor's colours to the navy silks. Joshua Tree has switched from Smith's colours to Tabor's colours and there are several other changes. St. Nicholas Abbey, Steinbeck, Cape Blanco and Beethoven now all run in the navy silks, with Sue Magnier as the single owner.
With a couple of notable exceptions, the best colt each year has tended to carry the navy silks (Giant's Causeway, Galileo, Hawk Wing, Oratorio, George Washington, Horatio Nelson, Dylan Thomas, Holy Roman Emperor, Duke of Maramalade, Henrythenavigator, Rip Van Winkle), so I wonder is there any significance in the change in ownership and switch to the navy silks for St Nicholas Abbey and Beethoven?

Where did you see these changes?

I just noticed the change for St Nicholas Abbey on Racing Post (I saw the Magnier ownership and I remembered he had run previously in Smith's colours). I then checked some more of the leading lights. I double-checked them on the ATR site where I could also see replays to check against last year's colours. Yes, I'm sad, I know! Another who has switched from Smith to Magnier is At First Sight, a horse I liked last year, but must have picked up an injury. A couple have also switched from Magnier to Smith (Midas Touch and Mikhail Glinka).

Back