2 Year olds 2009

On breeding surely Elusive Pimpernel will struggle to get more than 10f.

A speedy sort of top-line. Stamina dam side. 10 furlongs likely to prove his best trip as a mature horse. But possible he'll get a bit further.

Last edited:
Free Judgement and Lord High Admiral (both down the field in the Dewhurst) have finished 1st and 2nds in the Group race at Leopardstown today.

Free Judgement and Lord High Admiral (both down the field in the Dewhurst) have finished 1st and 2nds in the Group race at Leopardstown today.

...interesting I suppose. The moral is probably if you want a Group winner take it to Leopardstown at the end of the season.

...interesting I suppose. The moral is probably if you want a Group winner take it to Leopardstown at the end of the season.

The likes of Footstepsinthesand, Grey Swallow, Rayeni, Frost Giant have won it in recent years. It is not a bad race.

Group 1 at Saint Cloud on Sunday...

Behkabad
Layali Al Andalus
Fencing Master
Joshua Tree
Arasin
Emerald Commander
Fareej
Jan Vermeer
Lord High Admiral
Midas Touch
Noble Alpha
Royal Bench
Rosanara

A field of seven go for the Criterium International at Saint Cloud on Sunday.

Arasin
Emerald Commander
Midas Touch
Jan Vermeer
Prizefighting
Royal Bench
Rosanara

Murtagh rides Midas Touch - the two Ballydoyle colts look pretty classy. Looks a really good renewal.

Likely ground conditions?

Last edited:

However , as anyone knows expert opinion is of its very nature evidence - unlike the opinion of the non-expert. Thus Ahern and Dunlop are likely to be experts with regard to the horse compared to DO and SL . :p

Moreover , the lousy run over 12f weakening in the final furlong looks like evidence to me .On his rating he should have beaten two of the horses who finished in front of him ( not including Mawatheeq who is evidently far better than 106)and been a lot closer to Campanologist.

I think Jan Vermeer will prove to be absolutely top class. Great big son of Montjeu who looks very uncomplicated. His maiden success on fast ground was pretty impressive - at this rate Ballydoyle look to be dominating the Derby again to the same extent as this year - with the obvious exception of STS.

Nebula Storm won nicely.

I also thought Dylan Thomas's sister Remember When ran well in the first. She finished second after meeting a bit of trouble in running.

Back