2009 Arc.

I'll go with the Guineas/Derby/Arc Treble as well, Dancing Brave was beaten in the Derby....

I'll also go for the greatest horse I have ever seen. Speed, Stamina, Looks all wrapped in an unflappable temperament. We may never see him on a track again and I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't. He has marked himself out as one of the greats and I was fortunate enough to follow the whole thing from the Guineas win, where I saw him in the flesh, through to today.

A true champion and if he does turn up at Santa Anita I hope he stuffs the americans!!!!

I'll go for Guineas/Derby/Arc treble.

Correct.

There's 57 unique combinations of the 6 races that Sea The Stars has won this year.

He's the first to have won 38 of those combinations.

And yes, I can give you the full list if you really want it :p

Fabulous, just fabulous. Nothing left to prove to anyone. God knows why I worried for a second that he might be falsely kept in! When he's asked to accelerate, his action is so strong. Most horse's non-leading legs are weaker towards the end of their races, but look at his - it powers forward straight as the lead leg, strong as you like - every part of this horse works at optimum effectiveness. The purest example of a horse doing, and being, everything right.

Correct.

There's 57 unique combinations of the 6 races that Sea The Stars has won this year.

He's the first to have won 38 of those combinations.

And yes, I can give you the full list if you really want it :p

I know I must be missing something obvious but if he's won all 6 how come he hasn't covered every eventuality?

Fabulous, just fabulous. Nothing left to prove to anyone. God knows why I worried for a second that he might be falsely kept in! When he's asked to accelerate, his action is so strong. Most horse's non-leading legs are weaker towards the end of their races, but look at his - it powers forward straight as the lead leg, strong as you like - every part of this horse works at optimum effectiveness. The purest example of a horse doing, and being, everything right.

yes every stride is nearly like a jump as his back side propels him forward low and fast, he covers a huge amount of ground, good shots yesterday of how a horse should move.

What a race it would have been to see Zarkava try and defend against that both so similar in how there seasons went winning over a mile and then upwards. If they had raced each other i'm pretty sure both would have been tested to near their maximum.
Sea the stars = LEGEND

I had the privilege to see him at Epsom and at Leopardstown, and it really was fantastic to have seen a horse that people will be talking about for decades.

I had the privilege to see him at Epsom and at Leopardstown, and it really was fantastic to have seen a horse that people will be talking about for decades.

Baring in mind how calm he was at Leop and the way he got a bit warm yesterday and pulled would you say he's had enough this year ? First time I've seen him look anyway wound up.

Last edited:
I know I must be missing something obvious but if he's won all 6 how come he hasn't covered every eventuality?

The 57 combinations include those such as Derby, Arc, Guineas but not the Eclipse, International, Irish Champion or Irish Champion, Arc, International but not Guineas, Derby etc.

Baring in mind how calm he was at Leop and the way he got a bit warm yesterday and pulled would you say he's had enough this year ? First time I've seen him look anyway wound up.

I think he has had enough because he does not need to do anything - has been winning a G1 a month for six months and is going in his coat .

I don't think that the pulling had anything to do with that - his natural cruising speed was just much too fast for yesterday . As for the sweating up , that looked like a physical rather than temperament thing.

Sending a horse that has gone in his coat to boiling Santa Anita would be unnecessary

Just sat in the hotel in Paris now before catching the Eurostar home. A brilliant weekend and I didn't have a penny on STS yesterday nor on the other two occasions I've seen him at the Guineas and Eclipse yet I was clapping him about 2 out, it was just so obvious once the gap started to appear. Truly felt like watching once in a lifetime stuff.

I really want him to go to Santa Anita and then be retired. He doesn't need to prove anything as a 4 year old.

Aside from the winner...looking at the other performances in the race.

Youmzain surprised me that he ran so well again - clearly loves the place and the test that the Arc proves.

Dar Re Mi ran a fine race and looks sure to be very tough to beat in the Fillys & Mares Turf race at Santa Anita.

Fame And Glory is a horse I have a lot of time for, but I was disappointed that they reined him back. They seem to want to ride him like the majority of Montjeu's when he is unlike most of them. He is not a complicated, turn of foot Montjeu - he is a tough and resolute galloper with a fine cruising speed but not the acceleration after it. STS is clearly the superior horse, but I think F&G is capable of better than the likes of Conduit and Stacelita. Cannot see Santa Anita suiting him though.

The ride given to F & G was not the all guns blazing catch me if you can expected one but I am firmly of the view that a fast pace would have seen the same result - but he was hampered by Stacelita falling back close home and probably was value for being upsides Dar Re Mi .

I have found a text received from Mr Miller sent late last night - in which he appears to at last convinced by STS but jokes that Youmzain was " unlucky " :lol:

I thought Fame and Glory had a rough enough passage. With a clear run he might have made third or fourth. He might be better suited by Newmarket rather than Santa Anita.

I'll be surprised if Sea the Stars goes to the Breeder's Cup. Kinane certainly seemed against it.

Mick Kinane hates to travel and he's no spring Chicken anymore. It would be a nice way to finish up by winning the classic with Sts having (possibly)got Giants Causeway beaten in it.

I think he has had enough because he does not need to do anything - has been winning a G1 a month for six months and is going in his coat .

I don't think that the pulling had anything to do with that - his natural cruising speed was just much too fast for yesterday . As for the sweating up , that looked like a physical rather than temperament thing.

Sending a horse that has gone in his coat to boiling Santa Anita would be unnecessary

John Oxx reckons he got a bump and that's what set him off. A few others seemed to get warm so perhaps it was just a warm day.

Whoever made the Mill House Fame and Glory comparison was miles off.

Are we pitching F&G's greatness credentials on his beatings of Fergus McIver and Mourayan in the spring or on his beating of Golden Sword and Mourayan in a race run to suit at the Curragh?

I ended going with my wife yesterday to Paris.

It was a great occasion to be there, and enjoy such a fantastic horse, what he has done winning so many races is fantastic and I was amazed he was able to win after such a trip and pulling so hard,

in terms of ability
it was his worst performance of the season , posting something like 127 in my figures.

Fame And Glory was very dissapointing, he is better than 130 but run a stinker.

Back