2010 Two year olds

Very impressive indeed - but I always have a note of doubt about alot of Weld's two year olds. Often has a really impressive first time out winner that rarely go on to reach the levels that an O'Brien, Oxx or Bolger two year old might after winning in similar fashion.

I was really taken with Elzaam at York, particularly the way he quickened smartly when Hills gave him a smack. The form probably isn't as solid as it looked on the day (despite the second and third both winning since), but he was value for more than the margin suggested that day for me. Looks interesting at 5's.

Without having studied the race in any depth, it must be interesting that Murtagh rides Zoffany despite him having two races in which there was absolutely no pace in whatsoever over Samuel Morse. There looks a huge gulf between the front four in the market and the rest of the field.

Last edited:
Very surprised that Murtagh isn't riding Samuel Morse - thought he looked smart and game last time out.

You would think it could be that a win for Zoffany would be preferable, as I'm sure Coolmore would love a son of Dansili, for all that it is very early days to be thinking along those lines.

You would think it could be that a win for Zoffany would be preferable, as I'm sure Coolmore would love a son of Dansili, for all that it is very early days to be thinking along those lines.

They bought Strategic Prince and are standing him. Think his first 2-y-os will be next year.

Very surprised that Murtagh isn't riding Samuel Morse - thought he looked smart and game last time out.

I was looking at it the other way - I was surprised to see SM so short in the market as I have been quite taken with Zoffany's performances, attitude and him as an individual. Nice prospect in what looks a very good renewal.

Cheers, forgot about that.

Any thoughts on the Wesley Ward horse in the Windsor Castle? 13/8 seems very short but I'm guessing.

His only run can be seen on youtube here. It probably is short enough isn't it, but the horse he beat by over 7 lengths went on to win his maiden by 12l at Churchill Downs.

Cheers.

It may sound stupid, but you either see him winning very well, or bombing out - could be an interesting place lay.

No. First one was the 33/1 winner in the Windsor, then Jealous Again, then they all went off ridiculous prices.

I was suggesting to another forumite the other day they could all go off much too short this year.

Be interesting to see if their dominance is again restricted to the 5 furlong races this year.

Has anyone priced up the Queen Mary yet? Meow is one of the horses I am most looking forward to seeing all week.

Metropolitan Man was meant to be his best but from what I've been told by a friend in Kentucky this years crop aren't a patch on Jealous Again and Aegean (who ultimately bombed in the Albany).

Just looked on betfair and took what was there at 4.3. I was expecting around 2/1. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Did any of the American 2yos do anything of note post Ascot? I know that Godolophin bought Jealous Again and she hasn't run since. What about the others?

That is a very fair price indeed....she ticks all the boxes. Speedy breeding, great big mature filly, will relish fast ground (she has some action) and has two runs under her belt now. Take a good one to beat her.

Metropolitan has worked in Newmarket of late and looked very quick. I would say he is equal if not better than last season's Windsor Castle winner.

I am having a little on Planet Waves each way in the Coventry at 40/1 - 3 of the next 4 horses behind him that day have won their next race, and the other has finished second. The horse that was 5th that day, Roayh, won his maiden very well next time out, and I may have a little each way on him at 28/1.

I can't see past Strong Suit in that race. The time at Newbury was outstanding and the form couldn't have worked out much better. I'll be a lot poorer if he gets beat today.

Back