2010 Two year olds

The placed horses weren't half bad either.

Interesting to see an Azamour win first time out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunybay
Hughes rode and awfull race and was saved by a very very good fillie.

I thought so too - he had ample time to make the very same move that he eventually did make much earlier

The fact that he won easy without having to make that move hardly sugggests an "awful ride"

She is very classy I think . She likes something to mow down so I think it was a perfectly good ride.

I think Hughes is riding beautifully - he's also "making" horses by giving them confidence. Got up between rivals to win the last by a nose and land a treble. I doubt any of the horses knew they had a race. A joy to watch.

He can still make the odd horlicks of a race - Paco Boy in the Queen Anne for example but generally he is in the form of his life I reckon.

Should Neebras really be 6 times the price of Elzaam based on their form with Strong Suit? You would have to think, with a clear run, Strong Suit would have beaten Elzaam by the same distance or more he beat Neebras, and for all that Strong Suit improved at Ascot and therefore Elzaam's form is worth more, Neebras hardly looked to go backwards at Goodwood.

Last edited:
I think Hughes is riding beautifully - he's also "making" horses by giving them confidence. Got up between rivals to win the last by a nose and land a treble. I doubt any of the horses knew they had a race. A joy to watch.

I fully agree with this sentiment - a couple of years ago he would of made the wrong decision on a few of these rides and been caught in a pocket. Riding now with great skill and confidence in my book.

I've laid Elzaam - 1.61 is way too short.

Also backed Neebras.

I have also booked a doctor's appointment in case I need my head checked for backing Godolphin 2 year olds ...

Nice result. It would have been a profitable July Meeting regardless of what happens if Neebras had got up. His start and hanging in behind ruined any chance of this.

Winner looks a really smart, straightforward horse.

I really liked the look of his maiden at Newmarket at the time, and think the horse who should have won it (see my post about Atjebi at the time elsewhere) will be interesting tomorrow. Great to see Librettist get a group winner too, he was a lovely animal (who was made for Frankie).

Anyone think Ecliptic looks big around 6/1 in the Superlative?

He should have beaten Libranno at Newmarket, what with Atjebi forgetting how to correct a horse. He was well clear with the Jarvis horse when winning his maiden (albeit very fortunate to actually win but they were a long way ahead).

Whatever else, he certainly shouldn't be more or less the same price as Emporer Hadrian, and while Forsomina is by far the most likely winner, his form with Samuel Morse doesn't look as good after yesterday's reversals for Coventry placed horses, and he has a penalty to boot.

A plus as well this horse is with Al Zarooni.

Yet to get any sort of handle on the two year old form this season....and today looks another tricky contest to me.

I didn't see it. Was the horse a bit funny (that's the second time he's done this) or can I blame Atjebi again? :)

Coventry form doesn't look very good at all.

Hannon seems to have every 2 year old that's won a decent race!

Last edited:
Atjebi is as good as this, he is not guilty of connections actions booking him to ride.

about the Coventry
3 blows in 2 days, the winner could be a good horse but the form is weak so far.

It looks a really good 2 year old fillies race tonight - Laughing Lashes is pretty interesting though I think Together will win it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Voodoo Prince (Quija Board's first offspring) run. Has anyone heard anything about this colt?

Yeah, she quickened well while Berry got a bit stuck in behind. I also liked the way Kissable ran on having met with a lot of trouble in running. A decent enough race I'd say.

I thought Together did it nicely and looks a potential Oaks filly.

Glor Na Mara declared to run on Sunday.

I thought it looked a really nice race and Together looks progressive but I worry about the history of the race as no winner has gone on to achieve anything of note, which makes me question whether trainers aim their better fillies at the race. Although to be fair it has only been a Group 3 over 7f for the last three renewals.

Previous winners:

Group 3 race 7f
2009 – Caberet
2008 – Luminous Eyes

Listed race 7f
2007 – Triskel

Listed race 6f
2006 – Chanting – had a lot of potential beat Duke Of Marmalade the race before winning this one but never ran again.
2005 – Abigail Pett
2004 – Silk And Scarlet
2003 – Maroochydore
2002 - Luminata
2001 - Agnetha

Back