2018 Gold Cuppin'

I was actually thinking of playing the reverse forecast on SDR and NR. I'm fairly sure that Cloudy Dream just won't ever get 3 miles on testing ground and for the life of me I can't see why they are trying him again instead of going Ascot Chase - Ryan Air route.

In the end I've just left well alone though as I can't really be too sure that the main pair won't be pushed too hard with the Gold Cup being the target.

Last edited:
I’d be thinking Cloudy Dream would be the one to spring somewhat of a nostalgic surprise if there was to be one. His 7L 2nd to Definitely Red at Aintree on heavy ground over a furlong and a bit longer than tomorrow reads very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon it's 9/2 the equivalent of the toss of a coin.

The price against Cloudy Dream is the odds the coin lands on its edge.

Last edited:
I reckon it's 9/2 the equivalent of the toss of a coin.

The price against Cloudy Dream is the odds the coin lands on its edge.

Excellent analogy :lol:

Actually Des if your along those lines of thinking I've just had a look what the forecast would pay SDR to beat Native river on Bet365 is 7.6 so its a couple of extra points for both completing if you see it that way.

Last edited:
Normally I'd be confident about Native River winning this but the Tizzard plan all season is to have him spot on for the Gold Cup so obviously he will have left something to work on.

Tizzard thinks nothing of sending them out unfit like he has with Cue Card Thistlecrack and Fox Norton of late

Saphit Deu Rhue is highly unlikely to be fully wound up either and according to PN iss till slightly burly.

Could be an opportunity for Cloudy Dream ........Really???? naw!!!!! the horse is a dog in this class and he has got to be booked for last place.....

THE BET Lay Cloudy Dream for everything you have

I have to say, the panel discussion on the Opening Show this morning regarding both today's Denman and the Gold Cup preview itself for me rank - and I use the word deliberately - as the laziest, most ill-informed and grossly subjective I've heard or read on just about any platform. Ever.

I've heard more sensible discussions after ten hours in a lock-in.

The only sensible comment was Matt Chapman's mention of Our Duke's run last week.

Great effort from Native River but not a Gold Cup winning performance beating a non stayer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solid place chances. if he's within 5 lengths of the biter coming to the last i'd be surprised though.

With SDR blowing up three out it only showed that Native River stays better than Cloudy Dream.

My money went on SDR yesterday afternoon but later this morning I saw Nicholls describe him as likely to look a bit burly so expectations were lowered a tad.

People prepared to write off SDR based on that should think of Edwulf's comeback run just three or four weeks before he won the Irish Gold Cup.

No doubt DO that's just a fitness issue.

I'm just hoping they finally see common sense and let Cloudy dream go to the Ryan Air. Hope they haven't ruined him running him over too far purely on the basis that Trevor Hemmings wants a Gold cup horse and not another Ryan Air type.

No doubt DO that's just a fitness issue.

I'm just hoping they finally see common sense and let Cloudy dream go to the Ryan Air. Hope they haven't ruined him running him over too far purely on the basis that Trevor Hemmings wants a Gold cup horse and not another Ryan Air type.

Hemmings doesn't care what he ruins if it means he gets what he wants. Trust me id know, he runs my football team (Preston North End)

Think Hemmings is more in love with the National though, hence buying Vicente last year because he didn't have a runner after Clouds died.

Cloudy Dream is a boat Danny.....nothing to do with staying. Had that been a 2 horse race defeating PN's would have been WOW great performance from the same lips.

Native River is 100% a Gold Cup horse and scares the hell out of me as I have backed MB and SJ in my accumulators

He will take the world of beating ands he is entitled to improve on last year and looks like he may have

Cracking re-appearance from Native River, totally different campaign for him this season and just wonder what effect that will have on the big one in March. Wouldn't surprise me at all given how other Gold Cup contenders have performed thus far this season, if Native River is the one that serves it up to Might Bite and gives him the most to worry about.

Great to see Native River win impressively. If we get the ground of Coneygree’s GC or Best Mate’
s last he has a great chance - on good ground he just may lack the pace.

I feel the race is all about Might Bite if he stays he wins for me .

Last edited:
Cloudy Dream is a boat Danny.....nothing to do with staying. Had that been a 2 horse race defeating PN's would have been WOW great performance from the same lips.

Native River is 100% a Gold Cup horse and scares the hell out of me as I have backed MB and SJ in my accumulators

He will take the world of beating ands he is entitled to improve on last year and looks like he may have

Winning today is nowhere near his Gold Cup third from last season, so no idea where you're getting the impression he's improved, Tanlic. Maybe he can improve given his relative inexperience, but he certainly didn't show improvement today.

He has been given a soft-lead on ground he handles, against a horse coming back from a lay-off, and a patent non-stayer. Both SDR and CD were going noticeably the better going to four-out, but NR has out-battled and out-stayed them. These are admirable and desirable qualities in a Gold Cup horse, but that race is in another stratosphere in terms of the class of opposition he will meet. I see NRs chance this year, much like I viewed his chance last year - he commands respect, will almost certainly run his race, but will likely find one or two of the classier types, too good.

I would love to see him in the National.

Winning today is nowhere near his Gold Cup third from last season

Based on my figure for CD's best form (over shorter), NR has just about matched my best figure for him last season. CD was slowing down near the line so I don't think NR has done anything special today.

With SDR blowing up three out it only showed that Native River stays better than Cloudy Dream.

My money went on SDR yesterday afternoon but later this morning I saw Nicholls describe him as likely to look a bit burly so expectations were lowered a tad.

People prepared to write off SDR based on that should think of Edwulf's comeback run just three or four weeks before he won the Irish Gold Cup.

When I grow up I want to have your ability to ignore reality..........you're in a dream world DO the race was run at a crawl for a Grade 2 and he couldn't even stay with them.

He might come back but not in this Gold Cup (Now 120 on the machine) .

Native River has absolutely slaughtered them and he's not jumped great and will need to improve on that to be placed.

Personally I think he will and run better than last year BUT SDR? you must be joking man.

Back