2024 Grand National

Just looking at the oddschecker site, I get the impression morning punters are trying to snaffle the value in the 25-50/1 range.

I tried to go in again on Galvin this morning following the news about there being 'good' in the going description but, as I said before, out here I can only bet with Unibet and they cut it from 40s to 33s while I was trying to place the bet. I'm now holding off until the BOG kicks in.

Anyway, no surprises in my list of fancies. I won't be backing them all - honestly!! - but I do hope I've included the winner.

No doubt Kitty's Light will be a big story if it wins but so too now will Corach Rambler after yesterday on top of winning twice.

Long list (card order): I Am Maximus, Minella Indo, Corach Rambler, Galvin, Run Wild Fred, Mahler Mission, Minella Crooner, Limerick Lace, The Goffer, Glengouly, Gala Des Liteaux, Panda Boy, Eklat De Rire, Kitty’s Light.

I’ve been on Galvin ante-post since the day the weights were released and if the ground doesn’t inconvenience him I think he is the most likely winner. I’ve also been on RWF (100/1) from very early based on his very good older form. The others’ chances are fairly obvious too but the ones at the longest odds are Minella Crooner (100/1), The Goffer (66/1), Glengouly (80/1) and Eklat De Rire (100/1) so I’ll have to have small bets on them too.

I've drawn NOBLE YEATS in the itv7 sweepstake.

Mahler Mission for me. I’ll have to back him now the last time I drew one it was Noble Yeats two years ago. Did I back him? No of course not a novice can’t win the National [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No me seems to be paying much attention to Gordon Elliot sating Delta work has a great chance.

There are so many horses got reasons why they can't win anything outside of the first 3 in the betting will be a surprise.

I am Maximus Corach Rambler and Limerick Lace pays about 14 pounds for 2pound bets if any of them win.

That's about as far as I am willing to go after some small bets earlier.

Looking forward to watching with no pressure

Final thoughts -I've said more than enough about Corach Rambler -on the plus side the ground is better than expected and Ahoy Senor exceeded expectations on Thursday.The big negative is the ultra hard race at Cheltenham.I haven't opposed him financially and if he wins there will be no sour grapes.

No me seems to be paying much attention to Gordon Elliot sating Delta work has a great chance.

There are so many horses got reasons why they can't win anything outside of the first 3 in the betting will be a surprise.

I am Maximus Corach Rambler and Limerick Lace pays about 14 pounds for 2pound bets if any of them win.

That's about as far as I am willing to go after some small bets earlier.

Looking forward to watching with no pressure

This boy knows his stuff :lol: Delta Work was 8/1 to be in the first 4 had 2 quid on plus 2 quid on the winner......I might turn pro now:lol::lol::lol:

I have been thinking this for a long time and I know many will disagree with me but Paul Townend V Ruby Walsh my money is on the former.

He was simply incredible today. No way could he win from 3 out but he has so much confidence and reads his horses so well he knows exactly what they have to give.

Not one sign of panic and no hurry to get there his timing was absolutely perfect absolutely brilliant ride

Visually the most enjoyable National I've watched live. I'm just hoping all the jockeys and horses are okay. That would be a great result.

Last edited:
The brother backed IAM on the morning of the Bobbyjo. Either 20s or 33s, something like that.

Really pleased for him.

Great run for me from Galvin (heavy bet the day the weights came out) and Minella Indo today.

Enough back from G to ensure a nice profit on the race but disappointed in my decision not to back IAM.

Last edited:
Absolutely great race and couldn’t believe how many had a chance coming to the last. I was on Delta and Minella and thought I’ve got the one-two here as I though they had the measure of IAM....but Townend just double de-clutched and got into a different gear.

Im liking that all the placed horses get mementos this time. Has this happened before?

Did anyone think Corach Rambler was going to fall at the first...you know you get those weird premonitions. I got this awful feelin he was, didn't like the idea of him lining up bang in the center where is not the best idea ....and dunk off he came:blink:

Amazing stuff. I had to hold on to it a bit, was watching with about 15 ‘normal’ people, but there was a point about 2 out when I realised I was watching magic and nearly got emotional.

if only Delta hadn’t taken that bump at the first Turn. And Galvin had found his wings a bit earlier!

The brother backed IAM on the morning of the Bobbyjo. Either 20s or 33s, something like that.

Really pleased for him.

Great run for me from Galvin (heavy bet the day the weights came out) and Minella Indo today.

Enough back from G to ensure a nice profit on the race but disappointed in my decision not to back IAM.

Can't remember when I backed it but I had £4 on at 27.66 on Betfair.

Good to see Christian's Kitty Light pick up 40k ..saw a pre race interview with Matt Chapman and the family beforehand and you could see how much it meant to the kids.

Did anyone think Corach Rambler was going to fall at the first...you know you get those weird premonitions. I got this awful feelin he was, didn't like the idea of him lining up bang in the center where is not the best idea ....and dunk off he came:blink:

Fell at the 2nd as well.

What a brilliant race happy that Kittys light and galvin got placed.
Stattler was disappointing, didn't seem to like the fences or maybe the big field..

I think it’s called Aldaniti syndrome.

That unseat looked pretty jarring so what happens next will depend if he is ok physically in the morning. That said Kitties Light won it off 140 and carried 11st. Cr is rated 19lbs higher than he was so it has to be doubtful as not many win off 11st10lbs

Last edited:
I've read that Corach rambler is OK after its 2 falls.the 2nd was worrying as he wasn't sighted behind them.but I've just been on LRs stable and they report he trotted up OK.
Good news.

Back