5 cool guys - in your time

Yes, def Clint - a big fave of mine past and present.
Ayrton Senna
Carl Sagan
Ted Hughes
Rutger Hauer
William Shakespeare (I'm imagining him as pretty cool, in a wordy sort of way)

Samuel Beckett, now he was cool
images

Roy Haynes, octogenarian jazz drummer:
images

Michael Johnson
images

Mr President
images

Georgie Fame
images

Well well well...

Have a rather good Roy Haynes album.

But surely Miles was the ultimate cool ?

And someone put up alex ferguson? Fck me. The temperament and petulence of a paranoid 12 year old and hair that looks like it was cut by the council. Not to mention the alarmingly red buckfasttonicwine face... :)

And someone put up alex ferguson? Fck me. The temperament and petulence of a paranoid 12 year old and hair that looks like it was cut by the council. Not to mention the alarmingly red buckfasttonicwine face... :)

Sir Alex Ferguson to you.

He's cool all over.

And what about Krizon putting up William Shakespeare? As reluctant as I am to speculate on a woman's age, if Shakespeare is from her time surely Krizon deserves some sort of recognition?

This has got to two pages and no-one's mentioned Henry Winkler?? (The Fonz, for those of you young enough to not remember)

Have a rather good Roy Haynes album.

But surely Miles was the ultimate cool ?

Roy Haynes is the coolest octogenarian you could ever hope to come across. He's touring with Chick Corea at the moment, see them if you get the chance.

Miles was brilliant.

Tracks - oh, didn't know the guys had to be from 'our era'! In which case, I'd have to be limited to men from the 1960s on, which certainly cuts out a whole lotta coolios from before then. God - Chick Corea is still alive?! He must about 85!

I just think Oor Wullie would've been immensely 'cool' in his time and a wonderful wit with whom to banter, let alone chug-a-jug with now and then. I feel sure that he didn't suffer fools, was an incisive thinker, bit of a laddo, and no lover of authoritarianism. Which makes him darn cool with me!

I just think Oor Wullie would've been immensely 'cool' in his time and a wonderful wit with whom to banter, let alone chug-a-jug with now and then. I feel sure that he didn't suffer fools, was an incisive thinker, bit of a laddo, and no lover of authoritarianism. Which makes him darn cool with me!

I'll go for Paw Broon then. Any man who can influence any entire city into growing a moustache (women and all) is waaaaay cool.

whaddayamean she was talking about wullie wagglelance?

Anyone think Yul Brynner was cool? His swaggering walk was pretty neat, and I have a feeling that he might've been pretty good company when not shooting cowboys or rampaging through Westworld.

:lol:

Back