A Day (Or Evening) At The Races

I don't know whether it's a meeting any of you guys ever do, but I'm doing my annual pilgrimage to Market Rasen for Summer Plate Day in mid-July. It's a very good card with the Summer Plate and the Summer Hurdle, plus two valuable Class 3's.

Roddy Owen, formerly of this Parish, has had the winner of the big race 3 or 4 times in recent seasons, and I hope to catch up with him there. Happy to pass on best wishes for any of you who know him or remember him.

I don't know whether it's a meeting any of you guys ever do, but I'm doing my annual pilgrimage to Market Rasen for Summer Plate Day in mid-July. It's a very good card with the Summer Plate and the Summer Hurdle, plus two valuable Class 3's.

Roddy Owen, formerly of this Parish, has had the winner of the big race 3 or 4 times in recent seasons, and I hope to catch up with him there. Happy to pass on best wishes for any of you who know him or remember him.
I’m pleased to hear that Roddy is still out and about. Please pass on greetings. He did me a huge favour one time by arranging tickets for a Wales v Ireland match in Cardiff on the Saturday of Cheltenham week. Does he have any ownership involvement these days?

Back