Adrian Chiles

Problem with Chiles is he doesn't understand his role, and wants to discuss his own opinions ad nauseum - he should be framing key points for the panelists to discuss, not talking over them and telling them they're wrong. His HT rant about Muller was way over the top, and got so embarrassing Vieira had to tell him 'we were all professional footballers...' - ie,shut up, we are the ones meant to be providing the analysis.

Yeah but "professional footballers" include Phil speakyourweight Neville and robbie savage

at least he isnt Colin Murray. I would rather listen to my teeth being drilled than that rat faced git.

Who was the clown co-commentating last night, might have been the Iran game?

Nigeria get a corner and he says this would be the perfect time to score, right on half time. There were 33 minutes on the clock.

Nor was there any need for Chiles's remark about the Swiss fans' fancy dress at half time. It was extremely patronising. I look forward to hearing him make similar remarks about England fans during their next game.

Interestingly enough, I heard no mention of the England fans dressed as crusaders, etc.

These fans help make the atmosphere in these games. It's a global telespectacle. We should be embracing their ingenuity instead of slagging it off.

How come Chiles is mentioning all the England dives in the second half with the moral outrage he has on previous days?

Back